↳ TWO

↳ CHAPTER TWO:

CHAPTER TWO:

SAVED

A BANG ECHOED LOUDLY and I gasped, jumping away from the wall. Pietro had been slamming into it. He had told me he was practicing his gift.

He had the gift of speed. I began to worry, it wasn't Pietro because he would yell, laugh, talk to her. Something was wrong.

Silence soon filled my room and I heard an alarm go off. The lights soon darkened and I found myself alone in the dark. I gasped, clinging onto myself before I reached under my bed and found my handmade weapon of a stake.

Suddenly, one of my walls exploded and I screamed as I was flung to the ground. I looked up and saw a machine in front of me.

"Ms. Valentina you are safe now. We must leave. The Avengers are awaiting your arrival."

"W-what?!"

The machine grabbed me, and I gasped. I didn't want to leave- I couldn't leave Pietro-

"Close your eyes, Ms. you'll be safe." I didn't want to sleep, but with a prick from a needle, the world slowly turned black.

◎ ◎ ◎

"Is she alright?" I heard a voice ask softly.

"She's malnourished but other than that she should be fine when she wakes up. Probably confused but other than that not harmed by anyone."

"That's a lie, Tony and you know it. She was experimented on!"

I cracked my eyes open and bright lights hit my sensitive eyes. I groaned and rose my hands to shelter my eyes.

"She's awake!" Someone called out to others and I tensed up at the unfamiliar voices.

I squinted and let my eyes slowly adjust to my surroundings and I gasped as I saw three people surrounding me.

"Where am I?" I croaked out.

The woman who was seated next to me smiled softly. "You're safe, Valentina. We're the Avengers-"

"I-I remember who you are. Before I was captured I heard about New York and how you saved the world."

The Avengers smiled down at me and I shifted nervously in my bed. "What does that happen to do with me, though?"

"Well, you are now a highly accelerated human, Valentina. You were apparently experimented on and we had to save you-"

"You had to save me? Y-You left the others down there!"

Tony Stark frowned in confusion, "there are more of you?"

"Yes, and you probably left them for dead." I spat out, I hated that I was saved. They left Pietro. . .

■ □