↳ FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE:

BUSTED

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT??" THOR SAT DOWN beside me, as the jet took off from Sokovia.

"Y-Yes," I mumbled. No I wasn't. My mind flashed back to what I heard while eavesdropping on Pietro and Wanda.

◎ ◎ ◎

"I just know."

I gasped, and both of their heads whipped to face where I was. They couldn't see me because I cloaked myself in invisibility.

"Lubyov?" Pietro questioned, quietly. I mirrored his tone and quietly stepped away from the doorway where they stood. "Wanda, go. You need to detain Stark." She nodded, her eyes glowing slightly, searching for me. She moved away from me and Pietro, exiting out of another door before it closed behind her.

"Bye, Len." Wanda called out in her thick Sokovian accent. I smiled softly but did not reply, I had grown fond of Wanda despite our few talks. 

Pietro sighed, running his hand through his white hair. "Please come out now . . ." I hesitated for a moment before stepping into the room. His eyes locked onto the doorframe where my footsteps echoed. "Let me see you, Lenny."

Immediately after my nickname fell from his lips, I rushed to him and hugged him tightly despite the circumstance. A puff of air came out of his lips at the sudden attack, his frame tensing before relaxing. A hesitant hand fell upon my shoulder. I opened my eyes, letting myself be seen as me.

"Hi," I squeaked out, my arms still wrapped around him. I was uncertain of what to do, he attacked me but I didn't care. I missed him. His arms slithered around my waist, pulling me tighter to him before his head fell into the crook of my neck.

"Why are you with the Avengers, Lenny?" He asked, his voice muffled into my skin.

I froze. He felt betrayed.