The meeting

Jeremiah had just waved the last kids goodbye as she started cleaning the daycare. She only had about an hour before she had to maintenance, so she'd have to be quick about it. She was starting to feel her nerves, the staff meeting was absolutely not something she was looking forward to. She had tried to forget about it throughout the day, which was pretty hard when the kids brought it up. Shortly after the incident, Jeremiah's contract ran out. She hadn't renewed it and was debating on if she even would renew it, resulting in her leaving for a couple of days. Most of the regulars definitely noticed. So, when the kids saw her, they came with mountains of questions. 'Where had she been', 'Was she okay', 'Was she sick' and most annoyingly: 'Did the theater man hurt her too?'. She ended up telling them that she had needed a little break, which wasn't a lie, she had needed one, but she didn't feel like it was the complete truth.

Jeremiah looked at her Fazwatch, 10 more minutes before the meeting. She quickly observed the Daycare, it wasn't as clean as she usually left it, but it was good enough for now. She left the area and turned off the light. Taking a quick bathroom stop in the process. Before going down to maintenance, she checked herself in the bathroom mirror. Making sure her auburn shoulder length hair looked okay, and that her make-up was still in place. She'd hate it if her mascara somehow smudged, or if her freckles showed up from underneath her foundation. Josh often tells her she shouldn't mask them, that her freckles make her look prettier, that he liked them. But Jeremiah didn't. She hated them. She found them weird looking on her tan skin. After making sure that all was indeed as it should be, she took a deep breath, and headed towards the staff meeting.

She gently opened the door to the maintenance room. They hadn't started yet. Upon first glance, there seemed to be about 60 employees present, most worked in security and in the Daycare centre, but she recognized a handful of technicians too, and even the quiet girl from Roxy Raceway she occasionally saw when she went to visit Roxanne. There were some staff bots present too, as well as the four main stars: Freddy, Chica, Roxanne and Montgomery. She made her way into the crowd, and ended up standing next to Lilith. She had started working at the Daycare centre shortly before the incident, and had apparently taken over Jeremiah's job when she "took her break". "Hey Lilith." She greeted her. Lilith gave her a nod. "You can call me Lilly; most people seem to do so by now." She sighed. "Anyways, how are you, Jeremiah? Not too anxious I hope." She didn't really know how to respond to that. Was anxious the right word? She didn't know. She was unhappy, annoyed, and uncomfortable mostly. Maybe a bit unnerved? But she wasn't sure if being anxious was exactly the right word here.

It took a few minutes before Emanuel and Joshua silenced the group. But at last, the dreaded meeting began, the thing that would change Jeremiahs life forever.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming today. We are aware it's pretty late, but we promise you this won't last until shut-down at 12." Emanuel began, speaking with a barely noticeable Italian accent. "As you all likely already have heard, we are currently working on transferring our Theater performer Sun to the Daycare, so he can stand in as the new Daycare Attendant. It is with much satisfaction and delight that we are now able to announce him ready for transfer." Emanuel paused, assumably waiting for a reaction, but it stayed mostly quiet. He cleared his throat. "I will now leave the word to Joshua, who will tell you about the changes we've made."

As promised, Josh continued. He used a lot of technical terms, which Jeremiah had trouble understanding. But she got the gist of it. From what she understood, the main changes were an upgrade in "the Daycare attendant's" face, allowing it to be able to emote, as well as an ai upgrade that caused it to be more "human", like the other animatronics, and a bit of a tweak in its personality so it would be more pleasant for the guest. Jeremiah guessed that that one referred to "Moon", Sun's alternate personality. Further, they were informed that during opening time, it wouldn't be able to leave the daycare, unless it's with an employee who gave it permission. For some reason Moon was granted access to the security cameras and was expected to help security after shut-down. Lastly, both personalities were installed with the usual facial recognition software and had a cleaning software installed, so it would automatically want to clean the daycare after closing hours.

They than showed the reworked animatronic, though decided against starting it up for some reason. Jeremiah didn't want to look at it, but did notice some stuff was changed in its facial area when she briefly glanced over. It still looked terrifying, and not at all something you should let around kids in her opinion, but it did have less of an eerie vibe. After that, there was a brief Q&A session, though Jeremiah zoned out fairly quickly. She wasn't interested in knowing more about that thing, it was dangerous, she was sure of it. No matter how many upgrades it got, and how much they tried to change it, she doubted she'd ever trust that thing.

When Emanuel dismissed the meeting at around a quarter past 11, Jeremiah was one of the first to leave the room. However, he managed to catch up to her before she was able to leave the building. "Jeremiah, could you stay a few minutes longer, I'd like to give you some extra briefing on the new rules, as you'll be working with the new attendant." He said, Jeremiah sighed, she honestly started regretting renewing her contract. She hoped not a lot would have to change for that thing. "What is it?" she ended up saying. "Well, it's not too much of a change. But for one, all kids should be registered by Sun. He should be responsible for checking the children in and out of the daycare. We also have some changes when it comes to naptime. During naptime, no children are allowed to leave the daycare, not even if there are parents to pick them up. It is also expected that all kids present actually nap during naptime. So, no more playing quietly on the other side of the daycare, all kids should be napping in the nap corner. As of you, you are expected to either leave the daycare during naptime, or to remain seated behind your desk. The daycare attendant is programmed to not be able to get behind the desk. It is off limits to him. Understood?" Jeremiah thought for a bit. "Is that all?" she asked eventually. Emanuel nodded. "For now, it is." Something didn't feel right. "Why am I not allowed to be in the daycare, or away from my desk during nap time? The naptime rules seem odd in general. What's up with that?" Emanuel stayed silent for a while.

"It's for safety concerns". He admitted at last. "We are sure nothing will go wrong when these rules aren't followed, but we're all aware of what happened at the theatre. We just don't want to take risks by testing Moon's program. I'm sure these rules will change over time, but for now, we just want to play it safe. Understood?" Jeremiah raised her thumb. "Yes, of course. May I leave now?" He nodded. "I'll be joining you two Tuesday in the early morning, but I'll let you head home now. Good night, see you on Tuesday." Jeremiah waved at him. "See you on Tuesday." She answered back, before leaving the building. She doubted Tuesday would be any fun, especially not since Emanuel seemed to not even trust the thing. The changes and rules they had introduced for the new Daycare Attendant, didn't sit well with her. The memories of the incident at the theater still haunted her thoughts, and now it seemed like they were implementing strict precautions to avoid any similar mishaps. She couldn't shake off the feeling that there was info left out of the picture here. But she simply was too tired to care. All Jeremiah wanted, was to be in her bed, sleeping.