Chapter 8

"I'm sorry about him, I don't know what his issue is, he's been acting like this since I got here. I'm really not sure why he has a problem with me, I've never even met him before."

You explain to him and he looks at you confused and dumbfounded. It was like he couldn't believe what you were saying. He raised his brow at you and looked around the area. It was getting a little busy in the building as people were coming in to work and he looked back at you and gestured at a door. 

"You wanna talk privately? Things we have to talk about aren't really things to be discussed in public." 

You say nothing but you nod at him. He guides you to a room and closes the door behind the both of you and gestured to an empty seat. The room looks like a meeting room, which makes sense since you remember him being a General. You pick to sit in an empty seat closest to the door and he sits at the seat across the table from you and he just stared at you silently for a few moments. You stare back at him blankly, not really knowing how to start this conversation so you let out a sigh. You sit more comfortably and lean back in your seat before you end up just spitting it out. 

"Why have you really brought me back here? What'd you mean we have things to talk about privately? I really don't know what's going on. With you knowing who I am and Dan Heng storming off from me all the time. Will someone say something to me."

You can't help but start to tear up. You didn't think things would get to you this fast but it seems like everything that's been happening for the last few weeks have really got to you and this was your last straw and you start to cry. You quickly wipe your tears and you sniffle, looking at Jing Yuan and he looks at you concerned. It seems like he was convinced that you really have no idea what is going on and he looks at you heartbroken. He gets up, heading over to a small cupboard. He grabs a box of tissues and brings them over to you, sitting in a chair next to you. Grabbing a couple tissues, handing them to you and he gently sighs. You take them from him, using them to wipe your eyes and you look toward him.

"You really don't know or remember huh?"

You shake your head and you look down to the ground for a few moments, feeling your eyes tearing again and you didn't want him to see. He lifted your chin up gently so you're now looking at him. He looks directly into your eyes and he looks serious. Moving his hand back down, he looks at you softly before he spoke with the same gentle tone. 

"Well, I'll tell you. The reason everything seems so weird is because Dan Heng and yourself were in a relationship, due to be married. The night before the wedding, you catch him cheating on you with someone you don't know. We don't even know who she was. You ended things there and within minutes you had taken a pic and shared it around and cancelled the wedding. Well, if you didn't know, myself, Dan, Blade and you were all in the same friend group. And we decided to get back at him. We ugh....we did things. Together. We reenacted what Dan did. Dan found out and cut us all off. But he couldn't handle the fact that we were all hanging out still without him, although he was the one that was causing issues for your relationship and his friendships, not you. That's why we chose you. And thats when Dan Heng went on a killing spree. We were able to send you to Earth and were able to give you some potion that would safely wipe these memories of us so it was like you had always been on Earth, but it seems like that's not the case now." 

He sighed. He looked heartbroken and saddened to be the one to share the story with you. You feel relieved that someone finally was telling you what seemed to be the problem but then you felt anger and frustration. You looked at him confused and with an expression of frustration. 

"But why is he blaming me for what he did? He cheated on me, right before us getting married? I don't understand why he still seems to resent me after all this time. Is it because I slept with you and/or Blade?? I'm struggling to understand what's actually going on here." 

He just shrugged at you, not really knowing how to explain and not really being able to give you an answer. He seemed to be just as confused and unaware as you seem to be. He still seems saddened and he stands up and he starts to pace around the room. You look at him confused and watch him for a few moments. The room falls silent while he paces and you cross your arms while watching him.

"What are you doing?"

You ask him, the sound of him pacing starting to irritate you and he stops, leaning against the end of the table and he stares at you. He looks concerned now, like something is on his mind but he doesn't want to tell you. He continues to stare you before simply asking:

"So, what is it exactly you're doing here? How did you even end up on the Astral Express and end up here of all places Y/N?"

You explain everything to him, still sounding confused about how it all even happened anyway. You weren't too sure about everything yourself, but you told him everything as it happened. He looked at you, hearing the name Kafka and his eyes widened and he became more angry and concerned. 

"Of course... that explains a lot. But what does she want with you?"