Flames of Temptation

RYAN

I had just finished my football practice and was about to have a shower in the locker room until I heard a chime on my phone. I looked at the remainder and I had 26 days to finish my task. Dinner with Rory went okay last night. To say dinner was awkward would be an understatement. I started off with some steady conversation but soon gave up. I had to fix things up or else I'd start losing people I care about.

The Seekers was the society I had been unwilling working for. Well, it's not exactly a secret society of sorts it's more like a website where people who seek revenge or want to simply have fun register themselves and have willing or unwilling participants doing their job. Little did they know I'd been biting my arm off for this. I am sick like that. I loved causing trouble and what better way to do so than carry out my duties in the shadows? Don't get me wrong my parents could let me walk away from a murder if I wanted to but where's the fun in that huh?

I couldn't help but smirk as I made the $50,000 donation. The collector had a clear vendetta against Sarah, and I saw an opportunity for revenge. It felt like the universe was finally giving me a chance to get even, and I was ready to take it. It was like karma had finally caught up to her, and I was just the messenger.

I knew my mother wouldn't approve of my actions, because this donation was just as much hers as it was Sarah's. I had my own reasons for wanting to settle the score. My phone chimed with another message 26 days to go Read the message on my phone. I put it away in my locker and was headed straight to my shower when I saw Ethan striding towards me with a torn face.

"You think hiding Sarah away is going to fix things up Ry? We went through hell and back concealing the cameras so that we could find her fucking a seventeen-year-old for nothing?" He asked with a panic in his voice.

"We've still got 26 days. Chill! I can't just humiliate my mother's best friend like that," I said reassuring him with a smug look on my face. I was enjoying this a little to much.

"You've got the video so fucking post it. Why are you stalling this?"

"Where's the fun in that?" I said winking him on the way.

"You're blackmailing that bitch, aren't you?" He asked with a confirmation in his tone. Suddenly looking all the way excited from torn. My bastard best friends knew me inside out. It was getting in my way now. Ethan, Craig, Michael and I were unwilling but happy participants for "The Seekers". One thing about having money that can last 10 generations without you having to do anything at all is that you lose the essence of life.

Less wealthy people, conversely, have more control over their environments and have been found to be more empathetic, compassionate, and generous to others. We on the other hand, we just like to have fun and cause trouble for the reasons unbeknownst to us. Because at the bottom of the day we know the name of our families will be our knight in the shining armor. Me and my friends came into a close association because of our fixation with chaos. Or atleast that's what I think.

"I am," I replied dismissing him. My revenge will be slow, painful and creative.

"So, when do we get our cut from this?" Asked Craig entering the locker room.

"Not your debt to collect. So, this goes straight into that anonymous account we created a year ago."

"How much do you plan on stealing from her? What if she rats us out to the authorities?" Michael's sound echoed from somewhere in sight. Michael and I were the only ones to think rationally so it wasn't surprising that he was the only one besides me to give two fucks about the blackmail situation.