Chapter 5

KANAO'S POV:

It was finally Monday, I would get to see Tanjiro again. It felt weird to be happy to go to school just to see one person. One very special person. When I first arrived, I saw Aoi and Inosuke together, they seemed so happy. I really wished that one day that would be me and Tanjiro.

"Hey, Kanao!" Tanjiro smiled. I got startled, it was like I had a heart attack.

"Sorry! Sorry! I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to eat with us at lunch", he smiled. I of course said yes. I wanted to be with him all the time. I stared at him walk to his first class. He's too perfect. I knew my family knew I liked Tanjiro but I didn't know if Nezuko did. I would have to be careful, trying not to reveal it. Soon it was lunch, I wasn't so excited to see Aoi and Inosuke all lovey-dovey but I was excited to see Tanjiro. When I got there, it was just like the sleepover. We were all talking, it wasn't awkward and we were having fun. Unfortunately, I made it awkward with Tanjiro. I kept blushing everytime he looked at me!

Two weeks passed and I didn't make any progress. Shinobu, Aoi and Kanae gave me some flirting tips but every time I had the chance to flirt, I backed out. I got all shy and just stood there, making it more awkward. Finally, one day I managed to talk to him. Although... I didn't know what I was going to say. I just blurted something.

"Hi. Are you busy today?" I asked. WHY DID I ASK THAT? I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING PLANNED.

"Not really, why?"

"Um... Wanna hang out?" I asked shyly. At first he looked surprised then he started to smile. I was so glad I didn't embarrass myself again. "Where do you wanna go?" he asked. I was about to say something when I realized, I had no idea.

"How about a café, Giyuu's friends work there and I said I would help out, we can hang out there" he suggested.

"Okay... Yeah, let's go there"

"Just the two of us, right?" he asked. I blushed a bit then nodded. Was it like a date? Did he think it was a date? If he did does he like me??? Love was so hard! I continued to eat my lunch, still blushing.

"I-I'll walk you there after school. We can go together", Tanjiro stammered.

"Really? Thanks", I noticed that he was also blushing. Wait... Did he also like me? It was probably me making things up though. My heart kept thinking "HE TOTALLY LIKES YOU. MAKE A MOVE" but my brain was thinking "... I think he's just being nice".

"Hey guys! This is my friend Muichiro Tokito", Nezuko introduced. He had long, black hair with teal tips. He seemed nice but also seemed like a guy who would forget everything or was always confused. His expression was blank and kept blinking.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO MY NEZUKO! SHE'S MINE", Zenitsu yelled. Muichiro blinked at Zenitsu he had no idea how much he liked Nezuko

"I'm so sorry, Mui. You go ahead and eat with our friends, I'll be back soon", she smiled.

"MUI?! WHY DON'T I HAVE A NICKNAMEEE" Zenitsu cried. I stared at them, why was their relationship so weird? It didn't seem like Nezuko didn't like Zenitsu flirting but it also didn't seem like she liked him.

"Shhh! It's okay! You know, sometimes I call you Zeni!" she comforted him, patting his head. Nezuko was so sweet.

"I love Zenitsu but I could never let him date Nezuko", he laughed.

"You're that overprotective?"

"Yeah! I'm protective over everyone! Even you!" he smiled. My stomach did a flip. He was protective over me? "Trust me, no more guys will harass you anymore, you're safe", as he said this, he walked away. WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?? I start blushing like crazy. He was so perfect. The rest of the day went by like normal, guys staring, me getting embarrassed and getting disgusted over how close Inosuke and Aoi were.

"Please Kanao, give me a chance!" A guy asked. I got all shy and awkward and stood there. Sometimes I did need my coin...

"N-no... Sorry. I-I like someone... Else", I said quietly. The guy got on his knees, the hell are you doing there? I stared in silence as he begged.

"Hey uh... She said no"

I looked up... TANJIRO! I started blushing, he was right. He would protect me.

"T-Tanjiro! Yeah! Sorry... I guess I didn't... Hear", the guy stammered and walked off. Other than being known as the kindest person ever, he was also known as a really scary guy that won't let anyone date his little sister. If he had to, he would literally murder someone if they hurt Nezuko. The guys were scared of him. I was guessing because of this guys won't be as forward next time.

"Thanks", I smiled. "No problem! I'll see you... You know what, I'll just find you. Stay in your classroom", he smiled as he walked to his last class. All I could think about was how Tanjiro helped me. HE'S SO SWEET MY HEART'S GONNA EXPLODEEEE. Soon the bell rang. I was so excited that I kept smiling the whole time I was waiting.

"KANAO!" Someone yelled. I was expecting Tanjiro but I saw Aoi squealing.

"NEZUKO LIKES ZENITSU!" She yelled. I got up, shocked. WHAT?

"THEY'RE GONNA SECRETLY DATE! DON'T TELL TANJIRO", she screamed.

"Don't tell Tanjiro what?" Tanjiro asked. Aoi froze and awkwardly walked away. "Don't tell me what?" he asked again. I panicked. I was surprised he didn't hear what Aoi said before.

"She was going to say it... So I dunno", I stammered. He smiled then leaned against the door, sooo hAWttt. I walked up to him, probably blushing. We silently- Oh and awkwardly- walked outside of school, this wasn't the time to be shy, Kanao!

"So... What's the café called?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh! Uh... Flame Café, it's owned by Giyuu's friend, Rengoku and Uzui. We're almost here, see that... Very flamy and red store?" he pointed at a very flashy and fire themed coffee shop. It stood out... A lot. It was right in the middle of plain, white jewelry store and a gray cat café. It looked pretty empty.

"TANJIRO! MY FAVORITE CUSTOMER! OH! AND WHO'S THIS LOVELY LADY?" A guy yelled. He had bright hair, like fire. I guessed he was Rengoku.

"Hi! This is Kanao Tsuyuri, the Kocho's little sister", Tanjiro smiled. "OH, FANTASTIC! HI KANAO, CALL ME RENGOKU", he yelled again. I smiled then whispered something to Tanjiro.

"Why is he always yelling?"

"Oh, he burst his eardrum a few years back", he explained. We sat down in one of the seats and ordered, surprisingly we kept talking. Our conversations weren't awkward so our little... Date... Or hangout went by quickly. Soon the store was closing.

"KAMADO! I'M GONNA CLOSE UP BUT YOU CAN STAY HERE! JUST TURN OFF ALL THE LIGHTS AND REPLACE THE TISSUES", he yelled.

"Okay, bye"

"THANKS YOUNG KAMADO", he smiled then left. He seemed like a very positive guy. I couldn't help but laugh at his sweetness.

"So we should start cleaning up, then maybe... I can walk you home?" he asked. I nodded, I really hoped it wouldn't be awkward and we could have fun while walking. We headed to the storage room for tissues, I was not prepared for what was next.