HE WAS MIDNIGHT RAIN (only chapter)

Rain

She wanted it comfortable, I wanted that pain

She wanted a fiancé, I was making my own name

Chasing that fame, she stayed the same

All of me changed like midnight

- He's back. - is the first thing Castro Akira hears when she arrives at work, a small office that houses Fukuoka's Daily, an online news blog about the Japanese city and the biggest gossips in the community, along with everything about the many celebrities who were from there and left out in search of due recognition, both in Japan and the world.

- Who is he, Daisuke-kun? - Akira questioned, making his friend and colleague jump in place, as he hadn't noticed her arrival yet.

Fumiko and Daisuke exchanged glances and Akira didn't need anything else to know that whoever this "he" was, she probably wouldn't like to know the answer.

But before any of her friends could answer her question, the head of the small blog, Yuma, appeared.

- Who among you all is willing to drive to Watanabe-dori? I need someone to pick up the photographer for the atlethia publicity before we have our meeting. Unfortunately, some unforeseen events occurred, and I can no longer do it myself.

- It's Akira-san's turn, senpai. - Akashi, another of the employees, said - Last time it was Shotaro-kun who went.

Yes, they had a small list of the order they should follow every time someone on the team ends up not being able to do a certain task. It was an easy, practical, and fair way of managing things since they were just a small enterprise after all.

Akira just sighed, she had barely arrived at work and would already have to drive to the metro station.

- Who do I have to look for?

Yuma said nothing, just handed her a small poster where you could see Fukuoka Daily's written in bold letters.

- It's easier for him to look for the sign than for you to look for him in the crowd. - he gave her a small smile.

______

- Fukuoka's Daily? - Akira heard someone ask, making her drop her gaze from her cell phone and look at the stranger in front of her.

At first glance, it was clear that the person in front of her was not Japanese, but since he was the one who initiated the contact, Akira didn't saw any problem in speaking Japanese to the stranger.

- Yes, I'm Castro Akira, one of the FD journalists. How can I help you?

She knew that under no circumstances the man in front of her was the photographer she was expecting, after all, she had information that the subway would arrive in a few minutes. And no transport in Japan is ever late or early.

- Oh, excuse my rudeness. I'm Yoon Jaehyuk. - the name sounds somehow very familiar, but Akira just ignores it, bowing in greeting to the person in front of her, just like he did to her - And as far as I know, we're both waiting for the same person. - before Akira could question the stranger about how he knew who she was waiting for, he shifted his gaze to something behind him, adding right away - And he just arrived. - he pointed something, or rather, someone, behind her.