Chapter 33

A snack break is a must, after all Nyx isn't showing signs of leaving so they might as well watch another segment at this point.

And another they did watch.

~~~

With Yanli's refusal Wangji had no choice but to stay and look after his fiancé, after all his sister-in-law just granted him a few hours of some alone time, he should use them right?

"What happened to consent?"

"At least ask for her consent!" The elder chided. Wangji felt his ears burn, at this rate they might melt off. He knew they were way off but did not have heart to correct them.

The group headed into he Mounds, they only had a few hours left to get the orb and head back to the Recess.
Upon reaching the entrance of the Mounds, they decided to go over their plan before entering.

Xichen, "Once inside we all must stick together, with how things are going I would not be surprised if there are traps everywhere, us separating is a big no no."

The current Mounds and the one in the other universe might not be the same so they really did not want to voice their opinions but they all felt dread wash over them just by looking at the place. That place really left bad impressions on them.

Wen Qing, "I have not been here before but I have heard scary stories of this place, do you think we should go in there alone, with Jiang Ying here we might stand a chance, she's stronger than all of us combined, plus she's also an Immortal."

Yanli, "That I will not allow, A-Xian is extremely exhausted, pushing her to come here is out of the question."

Many gave Wen Qing disapproving looks, how could she just propose to use the girl as a shield even after what she just did for them. Totally unacceptable.

However with a sister like Yanli to have your back even in your absence, they settled, choosing to not anger Ying by attacking Wen Qing.

Wen Qing, "It was just a suggestion." She muttered to herself, she did not mean for  what she said to come out as if they are using the girl.

"Oooh's" and "Aaah's" were muttered but not a single form of remorse for judging her without understanding her reasoning first came. Wen Qing did not even try to justify herself, after all its utterly useless to convince these people.

After putting protective shields around their cores, they headed inside. The masma of the place was so thick that they had not moved more that 15 steps away from he entrance yet they could not even see it. Moving forward they knew for sure they will loose each other so they hurdled together.

Xichen, "Wanyin stay close to me." He pulled his beloved to himself, holding his hand as they headed in deeper. The others took the lead as they held their significant other's hands.

Rouhan, "That would not help at all. If the mounds wants to separate you, it will, no matter if you are born joined to the hip or not."

"Really? It can really do that?"

Nyx, "Actually yes it can. Beware of the place." She spooked them, for her own enjoyment of course.

The more they moved forward, the more they could feel the resentment dancing around them, sickeningly threatening to separate them.
It did not take long until one of them got separated.