Chapter 3: The Imprisoned Royals

-After the disappearance of the princess in Callista, the condition of Dicendia-

{Callista is the capital city of Dicendia}

Having grown up in the forest, life was not easy but for the royals imprisoned, it was worst. It was much more difficult than mine. Grandpa for there for me but who was for them?

Especially for Prince Mac. He was just a baby. He needed proper food and exercise for his growth. But the King never provided them with food and all. He used to cry every day out of hunger almost for a week. I never wanted them to face all of this. It is rather I who is responsible for all of this, but I will fix it. Sombra was just a selfish and greedy creature.

-Alaric P.O.V.-

Our loyal soldier Eric standing there believed that what was happening wasn't right. He was put on in a knight's outfit. He was wearing a black suit with silver armor with a beaver brown face tone. He was the same age as my dad. He bravely went to that evil Sombra and said,

"With due respect, your majesty! Elena is your sister after all and Alaric is your nephew. Just a little kindness. Please! Please provide them with food...especially the prince. Then the little boy could become strong and serve you!" He tried to manipulate him with his words Alas! The king still did not agree.

"As if I care! Let those rats rott in the prison" The king remarked and rolled his eyes.

The soldier replied in another try of manipulation, "You do your majesty! You care about your defense system."

"And what does it have to do with them?" He raised his eyebrows.

" Imagine How great will it be for you to have the royals as a part of your army? It will be such an embarrassment for King Arthur that his own son betrayed him. Please give a thought to this and this might even make a better image of yours for the other kingdoms. Everyone would be saying 'Wow, King Sombra is marvelous. He even managed to get the prince on his side.' Give a thought to all those praises and fame." Said Eric.

The following day during dusk time he came to the dungeons where I and the royals were being kept and ordered to provide us with food and milk. The smile on my face. I was overwhelmed. I finished it all up and my tummy was finally full. I didn't even leave a single drop of it.

Mom and Dad ate some blueberries and pomegranates.

He ordered the butler to provide proper food to me and only some fruits and lettuce once a day to Mother and Father.

Queen Elena replied, "Thank you very much Eric for this act of compassion. God will surely reward you for this generous work. We are very grateful to you. You shall never fail us."

The guard replied, "Please your highness, there's no need to thank me. You both are the real king and queen. To the end of my days, I promise to be loyal and serve you in a way that I have never done before. And be sure to take care of our young Heir. He needs you. You need to be strong, Your Highness."

Even if every citizen loved their rulers no one was Optimistic or had enough intrepidity to face Sombra. Every single one here was scared of him.

He hoarded fear and terror in every citizen's mind except for me. I wanted to speak the truth and fight him. But my parents told me not to say anything to Sombra and were not willing to lose me too. But what was happening wasn't right at all. It wasn't fair.

-At the age of 8-

"Dad! This is the day when I tell that stupid and hideous creature Sombra what he has done to me and that I hate him. I will punch him on the nose." I said, my Dad.