Chapter 17: The Crime Partners

I turned around, Who could that be? The first thought that I had was that it was probably the minister spying on me and trying to figure out my intentions, If he was the one knocking and spying then I swear I would kill him with no hesitation.

Before further knocking, That door opened and there was no one. It shut itself.

"Who is it? Is that a ghost or something?" Alaric said confusingly.

I sighed, "Seriously Deave! Can't you just keep your humor aside for a while, You scared the hell out of me." I grinned.

He turned visible and said, "Yeah sure! My queen,  This is my castle I would roam in here without any hesitation, and then Sombra would see me and serve me death!"

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"De-Deave!" Ric's voice grew pale; "You are alive!"

Deave looked at himself and said, "I think so!"

"But the other day those guards--"

"Forget them! I am fine and you should thank your sister for that! If she wasn't there I would've probably died by now. She acted to kill me, But trust me if magic's around it's hard to believe something. Though for Sombra  Mr. Deave Barka's dead but whose gonna tell him that he's gonna get that title soon!"Deave gazed at me and smiled as I looked down at the floor.

"No! You will be the one to get that first!" I said.

"Excuse Me?" While Deave said this Ric continuously looked at our faces during this conversation.

"Yeah! I mean why not? Like Deave seriously! First, you knew Emily and now you claim to know my brother too! How come I not know about that?" I asked.

Both of them looked at each other and laughed.

"Well! Faye, Deave's the one who kept Sombra from making a corpse out of me after he attained the power of the tenth star. He kept him so busy and Made a plan for us to escape but when he was caught, I heard the guards saying that he was dead. So, Raged up I just escaped myself that day!" He smiled.

"Aw!! Crime partners were separated!" I grinned.

"Well, But now two new Crime partners are gonna form!" Deave looked at me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"My Queen, The minister is onto you. He is suspected to be the Princess. He is keeping a record of everything you are doing. I'm afraid that he might ruin everything we've planned. His presence is a hindrance to our work. In simple words, we need to kill him."

"You both really don't mean it right, Maybe he's just scared of Sombra." Ric interrupted him.

"No, He isn't! He is actually trying to get Sombra's position. He wants to become a king." Deave said.

"What? Who told you this?"I asked.

"Why do you think I got late in the first place? I was spying on him. I heard him saying all this. He wants to collect proof against you because then Sombra would give him a higher position. He is trying to get almost all the guards on his side, The main reason why Sombra needed a commander knight." Deave explained.

"Ew! What a low person that minister is! " Ric frowned.

"Let's do this!" I announced; "Because he is no help, rather trouble."

Deave smiled.

"And till then Our prince will be staying in this room only," I said.

"And no funny business Alaric." Deave grinned.