Chapter 6 : Passing Bell Test

Jiraiya held the lunchbox in his hand, feeling a bit overwhelmed for a moment.

"You knew it would turn out like this, didn't you? Did you bring your own food?" Tsunade asked, eating while looking at Orochimaru with her delicate eyes.

"I heard what the senior said earlier," Orochimaru casually replied.

"Cough cough!" Jiraiya suddenly spoke solemnly, "Orochimaru, I have a perfect plan to guarantee that we'll snatch the bell from that old man, the Jonin!"

"Tell me the plan," Orochimaru replied.

"Haha! It's so simple!" Jiraiya seemed to have regained his confidence as he outlined his strategy, "I have a powerful self-created ninjutsu. You'll cover me, and here's what we'll do... and then... my ultimate move—the bell will be ours!"

Jiraiya appeared triumphant, while Orochimaru and Tsunade listened to each other in speechless astonishment.

"Orochimaru, what do you think?" Tsunade asked.

"Well... I think this strange ninjutsu, if used against a Jonin, especially someone as strong as Sarutobi-sensei, might just work!"

"Pfft!" Tsunade burst into laughter.

"But Jiraiya gets the first bell, and there are only two bells. Who will get them after you grab them?" Orochimaru playfully looked at Jiraiya with his snake-like eyes.

"Uh... well..." Jiraiya glanced at the two of them, unsure how to respond.

"If we manage to snatch the bells from the Jonin, Sarutobi-sensei would be embarrassed to fail us," Tsunade calmly remarked. "After all, the test is about our teamwork and spirit."

"Actually, I have no hope for this plan!" Tsunade sighed.

"What?!" Jiraiya grew anxious as well.

"It's alright, we still have Plan B!" Orochimaru smiled faintly. "Tsunade, I don't believe you've given it your all yet!"

"...Yes. But the same goes for you, Orochimaru!" Tsunade looked slightly surprised.

Your forehead mark gave you away.

"Hey hey hey, I have my reservations, my ninjutsu..."

"After Jiraiya fails, the two of us will give it our all, catching Sarutobi-sensei off guard. That's when we'll have a great chance!"

Tsunade pondered for a moment. "I think it could work!"

"You...!" Jiraiya felt completely ignored.

Orochimaru took out Orochimaru's specialty—flickering ninjutsu.

"What?_?" Both of them were intrigued.

With a grin, Orochimaru licked his white, bony teeth.

Flickering ninjutsu was lame.

...

...

"Have you all rested well? Then the assessment will continue!" Sarutobi approached with a blade of grass in his mouth, looking rather leisurely.

"Teacher, we've been waiting for you!" Jiraiya adopted an arrogant stance once again.

"Oh?" Sarutobi appeared surprised.

Suddenly, Orochimaru shouted, "Attack the enemy all at once!"

The three of them formed a charging formation and rushed towards Sarutobi.

Sarutobi took out one of his shuriken and casually threw it, then performed a hand seal. "Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique!"

The handful of Shuriken instantly multiplied.