Chapter 30: Deal

"What do you mean, I can help your grandson awaken the three-tomoe Sharingan?" Orochimaru looked at the third elder with a casual expression.

"I hope you can." The third elder smiled, but there was no warmth in his eyes.

"Oh, then what if I don't agree?" Orochimaru lowered his eyes and thought quickly.

"Crack!" The third elder's hand pressed against the table, making a crisp sound as he stood up slowly. "I think you will agree."

With this light sound, four violent chakra fluctuations appeared outside the room simultaneously. A bone-chilling aura filled the entire space, and a gust of wind seemed to blow in the vast and empty room, as if a bloodthirsty demon reached out its claws, eagerly watching the scene!

There were four Uchiha police force members outside the house. This was an open threat.

A smile appeared at the corner of Orochimaru's mouth as he subtly locked onto the positions of these four people with his mental power. "I can give it a try, but what's in it for me?"

"Haha, of course, there are benefits." The third elder immediately put on a smiling face and handed a scroll to Orochimaru. "This is our Uchiha clan's powerful Fire Style jutsu, 'Flame Control.' If you help, it will be yours!"

Flame Control? Old man, do you know I still can't use Fire Style? How annoying!

Orochimaru sneered inwardly, but this was one of the rare Uchiha Fire Style jutsu. Its power was on par with a high-ranking B-rank ninjutsu and even surpassed some A-rank Fire Style jutsu.

Ninja's skill levels only represented the difficulty of executing techniques. The true power depended on chakra control and skill usage. It couldn't explain everything. After all, even Kaguya fell victim to Naruto's Reverse Harem Jutsu.

"Alright, what do I need to do?"

The third elder handed another scroll to Orochimaru. "This is the Emotion Stimulation Illusion, a technique, our Uchiha clan has worked hard to develop. Its main feature is that it establishes a direct connection between the caster's and the target's minds through illusion, allowing the caster to project their mental power to assist in unlocking the Sharingan. It has reached a high B-rank level, and it's quite a bargain for you!"

The third elder was a bit reluctant, but he was thinking of his grandson, so he held back.

Orochimaru saw through it. This old guy was clearly exploiting Uchiha clan's resources for personal gain. Other elders probably didn't know about this.

Taking the illusion scroll, Orochimaru pretended to inspect it while devising a plan in his mind.

Should I help this third elder? If I fail, he might make things difficult for me, but if I succeed, I'll definitely be remembered by the entire Uchiha clan!

Sarutobi isn't Hokage now, and I haven't fully grown yet. Being in the spotlight is never a good thing, but...

Taking a deep breath, Orochimaru made a daring decision. He decided to give it a shot!

"I have mastered this technique." Orochimaru closed the scroll twenty minutes later.

"So fast?" The third elder was surprised. "Would you like me to find someone to test it for you?" After all, it was his own grandson, so the third elder didn't dare to be careless.

"No need." Orochimaru smiled. "You have to believe me. I'm very confident in my abilities. Even if I can't awaken the three-tomoe Sharingan, there won't be any danger."

"Alright, Kyo, bring Ken over here." The third elder agreed, considering the significant advantage their side's lineup had.

Seeing Uchiha Ken approaching with an angry face, Orochimaru found it amusing. "You scumbag, I really should thank you!" Orochimaru chuckled to himself.

The third elder could never have imagined that Orochimaru's true gain from this was the Emotion Stimulation Illusion.

Orochimaru's current problem was that his mental power was potent, but he couldn't fully utilize it. Pure mental power couldn't effectively act on the target's mental will. It would cause immense consumption along the way and put a strain on his own brain.

What's the general idea of an illusion technique?

Generally, illusion techniques disrupt the opponent's chakra and manipulate their five senses to create confusion and deception.

The effect is like riding a thousand-pound weight, using minimal illusion power to disrupt the opponent's control system, regardless of how much chakra the manipulated person possesses.

It's like Obito controlling the Nine-Tails. The Nine-Tails' power is hundreds of times greater than Obito's. But once manipulated, he can only do what the caster wants.

This kind of control itself wouldn't directly harm the target's mental power. Only when attempting to break free, it might consume mental power, leading to fatigue.

Even in the case of Tsukuyomi, which appears to instantly crush the target's will, it's not directly destroying the spirit. It's a highly potent control of the five senses.

This kind of ninjutsu can create illusions that mislead one's perception of time and simulate intense pain in the body, leading the victim to experience a nervous breakdown, collapse, and even death after hours of delusion.

However, this still isn't a technique that directly destroys the spirit.

In an experiment, someone blindfolded a person and held a pot of boiling water close to them, then poured prepared cold water on the experimenter's skin.

The experimenter screamed loudly, and the splashed area turned red and swollen. The result of the test was that the cells in the affected area died in large numbers.

Can cold water kill cells? No, but the brain perceives it as if they're dead, and so they are "executed" by the brain. This is the power of the human subconscious.

The people under Tsukuyomi don't experience 72 hours of torture, but their senses are deceived. They believe they're about to collapse, and so they truly do. The true power of this technique lies in manipulating one's sense of time!

But theoretically, if a person firmly believes that they're invulnerable and that time is only one second, it's akin to being aware in advance that cold water is about to be poured on them. While it's unlikely for a person to possess such incredible willpower, such an individual would render Tsukuyomi ineffective!

The remarkable aspect of Emotion Stimulation Illusion is its ability to directly connect the spiritual power of two people, significantly amplifying Orochimaru's mental shock!

The reason why the third elder didn't pay attention to this technique was because of the "direct connection" of mental power. If one person's spiritual power was transferred to another person's body, it would undoubtedly deplete the former's power and put them at a disadvantage.

The third elder underestimated Orochimaru's spiritual power and Orochimaru didn't mind this minor setback.

"Are you ready?"

"Let's get started!" Uchiha Ken glared at Orochimaru.

Orochimaru performed the necessary hand seals

**********

If you are interested in donating me, please visit,

https://ko-fi.com/aayume

*************

Support me on my patreon and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1.

https://www.patreon.com/Unique_Writer