shared silence

pov First:

Ever since I received a message from Khaotung saying that he and his friends are joining, I've been looking forward to the weekend. Today is Friday evening, and I'm eagerly waiting for the clock to strike 6:00 pm, because that's when we'll all be heading out together. It's a remote place where luckily no one knows me as a prince, only as "First." The people there are kind, always ready to help each other. We often spend our holidays there, a tradition that dates back to my childhood; the place is like a sanctuary to me.

Everyone gathers at the designated parking lot. Both Force and I are driving. When Khaotung arrives with the others, I can't help but smile. Jan nudges me with her shoulder, and I look at her. She smiles knowingly, and I discreetly show her the middle finger. Greetings are exchanged, and introductions are made as the others engage in conversation. While the rest are talking, Force whispers in my ear, "Nice that you invited them; one of them is really hot." I roll my eyes and shove him playfully. He just laughs. "Alright, time to organize the cars. I'll drive with Force." Everyone nods. "I'll take Khaotung, Mark, Neo, and Jan." Khaotung looks at me, about to protest, but Force says, "Perfect. Then I'll take Book and Milk." We head to the cars, and to my luck, Neo and Mark sit in the back, leaving Khaotung with no choice but to sit next to me. I smile to myself.

pov Khaotung:

I sat next to First, and after a while of sitting in silence while talking, I took my AirPods out and put them in my ears to listen to music. Mark and Neo had both fallen asleep. Suddenly, First took one of my AirPods and put it in his ear. I looked at him questioningly. "It's nicer when we listen together," he said and winked at me. I quickly looked out the window, feeling my face turn red. It was kind of romantic, in a way.After the exciting drive through picturesque landscapes, we finally arrived at our vacation house. The anticipation was palpable as we opened the door and looked around the inviting rooms. We immediately started unpacking our things and settling into the different rooms. First and Jan took charge of the kitchen to prepare a delicious dinner, while Force gave the rest of us a tour of the house and the garden. They even have a huge pool.

The aroma of the food filled the room, and we gathered around the dining table, which was adorned with smiling faces and animated conversations.

The meal was fantastic – a blend of flavors and dishes that we all loved. We laughed about stories, shared news from our lives, and simply enjoyed each other's company.

After dinner, we retreated to the terrace. The stars sparkled in the sky as we settled into comfortable chairs and discussed a myriad of topics. It was that special atmosphere that only close friends can share – a place where we felt free to express our thoughts and emotions. Even though we weren't close friends, it felt like we were. They weren't as arrogant as I had imagined rich people to be. Everyone forgot their social status, and that was good and beautiful.

At one point, Jan brought out a guitar. She sang beautifully, and Book joined in with her. When the song ended, Jan asked Book if he's a singer. "Yes, and you too," he asked, and Jan nodded. After a few songs, all of us began to sing along. It might not have always been melodic, but it was heartfelt and full of fun. Time flew by as we laughed, sang, and simply relished the evening. When was the last time I had so much fun?Later, we lit a bonfire and sat close together, the flames softly crackling and warming us. The evening gradually transitioned into night, and as we gathered around the bonfire, First sat directly across from me, and our gazes met. We stared at each other until Neo broke the silence. "I'm heading to bed, tired from the week." One by one, people started to go to bed. I decided to take a walk by the sea before turning in. The ocean was just steps away, and I settled in the sand, watching the waves as they gently crashed on the shore.

As I stared into the soothing rhythm of the waves, lost in my thoughts, I suddenly felt a presence beside me. When I turned my head slightly, I was surprised to find First settling down in the sand next to me. His presence felt like a gentle breeze that stirred my emotions."Do you mind if I join you?" he asked with a soft smile, his eyes reflecting the moonlight.With effort, I managed to return a small smile, my heart beating a bit faster than usual. "Of course not," I replied, my voice unintentionally quivering.The sound of the waves seemed to echo our unspoken words, and a pleasant silence settled between us. It was as if the world had disappeared, leaving just the two of us sitting by the shore.

"I hope you're enjoying the evening," First eventually broke the silence, his gaze still fixed on the sea.

I tore my gaze away from the water and turned to him. "Yes, it's incredible. I didn't expect it to be so... unforgettable."

He chuckled softly, and the sound sent pleasant shivers down my spine. "Sometimes, the unexpected moments are the most special."I nodded and couldn't take my eyes off him. His presence now felt different, as if a connection was forming between us that went beyond mere friendship.

"Listen," I continued, my tone gentle, "I wanted to thank you for inviting us here. This place is truly remarkable, and being here with all of you, it feels... different, in a good way."

He smiled, and warmth spread within me. "I'm glad you all came. This place means a lot to me."Our conversation flowed naturally, as if we were in our own little world, untouched by time and the worries of reality. We talked about everything, from our dreams and goals to our favorite childhood memories. It was an intimacy I hadn't expected, yet it felt right.

As the night deepened, the stars above us seemed to shine even brighter, casting a magical glow on everything. The closeness between us grew, as if an invisible thread was pulling us closer with each passing second.

Eventually, we both fell into a pleasant silence once again, our shoulders almost touching. The waves continued their soothing melody, and I noticed myself leaning a bit closer to First, our hands almost entwined.

In this peaceful moment, under the starry sky, I realized that sometimes, the most beautiful connections form in the simplest of moments – a shared silence, a stolen glance, and the feeling of truly being understood. 

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder, listening to the sounds of nature. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep without really noticing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't take it anymore. "Only Friends" the series is driving me crazy. I can't wait another week again. Firstkhaotung was just perfect, and the rest, of course, too, hahaha.

thanks for reading. 

have a great day.

This might seem random now, but this video has been stuck in my damn head for days. Omg, Pond: