Cocoa Cookie's Letter

The three cookies looked up to see none other than Mint Choco, standing at the door with a letter on his hand and an unreadable expression on his face.

The musician calmly walked to the counter and sat down at his usual spot, putting the letter on it with his hands on top of it almost protectively. He looked at Vampire and Sparkling apologetically "Sorry I'm a bit late, I was.. Talking to Cocoa about a thing.."

Vampire perked up, raising an eyebrow "Ooh, you finally proposed? ". Vampire smirked at Mint Choco's reddening cheeks, quickly replying "N-no, not yet, it's about.." he looked down at the letter sighing and then at Herb ".. Look, just, here Herb" he handed Herb the letter, with that same apologetic look as before.

Herb gently grabbed it from him, looking at the back and reading in neat handwriting 'From Cocoa Cookie'. He looked at Mint Choco confused, making the latter sigh and say "..Just read it. But before you do, just know this was her own choice, I'll explain more after you read it"

Herb, even though still confused, nodded and opened the letter, taking out the piece of paper and unfolding it. Sparkling wanted to read it too, but considered his boyfriend would let him later anyway.

"Herb Cookie,

I've been thinking for a while and I want to say I want to end our friendship. There are a few reasons why, one of them being your mother, Sea Fairy, her acquaintance with Fire Spirit, her actions, her view of the world, the fact that you might follow in her footsteps.

On another note, i do not consider a bar to be the best of places

We barely talked, and when we did it was, for the lack of a better term, "bar talk", just random topics, nothing deep, nothing personal, like we were strangers.

I'd rather be around cookies with the same perspective as me, and do not wish to keep ties with those who have such different view on the world like you

From your former friend, Cocoa Cookie"

The green haired male sat unmoving, with a frown but otherwise emotionless, re-reading the letter again, and again, and again, a million thoughts going through his head. He placed the paper down, to which Sparkling quickly snatched to read himself, Vampire peeking from his shoulder.

As the two read the letter and Mint Choco awaited for a reaction, herb just sat there. Maybe that's how his mom felt, frozen in place, with just your thoughts swirling around, wanting to reach out to something that's already far from your reach, the only difference is that for him, that someone was like a sister.

'Why? There has to be other reasons,

this can't be right,

I thought we were close,

I thought she liked it here.

Did she always think that..?

How long had she kept these feelings..?

Did she always...?

...were we even friends to begin with..?

'These are just excuses. She never wanted to be your friend in the first place.

She never liked you.

All of that was just to cover up what she really wanted to say.

You're annoying,

You're selfish.

Who would want to spend their day with someone who talks about plants for hours?

It's easier to befriend a cookiesnap than a cookie.

Heck, maybe even the plants hate me.

You're a horrible friend.

It's no wonder why she wanted to end your friendship so bad

It's just a matter of time till vampire, even sparkling, leave you too-'