8

Tanjiro's Pov 

The school day ended, and I walked home, splitting up from my friends. I opened the door to my home, the house was silent. I'm guessing mother, Nezuko and the children were at the bakery. I yawn and walk into my room, placing my bag in my room and changing out of my - or, well, Akaza's uniform. I changed into a plain white t-shirt and knee-length shorts. I then took the opportunity to wash the uniform I had borrowed as well as the uniform from the previous day, and while the uniforms were in the washing machine, I tidied up the house a little. I tidied, cleaned, washed the dishes, the usual things I would offer to do.

Then I began to do my homework after putting the damp uniforms in the clothes dryer. Barely 30 minutes had passed when I heard knocking on the front door. I walked towards the door, opening it, only to see a familiar face. Akaza. "Hey." He says calmly. "Hi." I reply in a similar tone. "Why are you here?" I didn't bother asking how he knew where I lived. Akaza raised his eyebrows, as if it was a strange question. "For my clothes. And tutoring." He spoke in a slightly amused tone. "They're drying." I stated, opening the door wider for him to enter, which he did soon after.

"You can continue your improvement work or perhaps do homework and I can check it for you?" I suggested, he glanced around, then looked at me. "Okay, sure." He shrugged, not exactly choosing which one he wanted to do. I led Akaza into the living room, a decent sized coffee table located in front of the couch displayed my unfinished homework. I sat on the floor, Akaza sitting opposite me, on the other side of the coffee table and opening his bag. "So what do I do?" He asked after a moment of silence. I look at him blankly. I pause, then sigh and take his bag, reaching in and taking out different sheets of homework. "Why don't you work on that for now." I said calmly, handing him a pen. He nodded and we sat in silence, doing our homework. 

"Done." 

He said, barely five minutes later. I raise my head, taking his homework and looking through it. Almost all of the answers were correct, and he finished all sheets in barely any time. "Hm." I hum in an impressed tone. "Are you sure you need tutoring?" I ask after a moment, handing his sheets back. He chuckled. "I don't know. I'm not the one who wanted a tutor." 

"..What about your math homework?" I ask, and he gives me a blank look. There was a long moment of silence before he sighed. "I don't like math, I want to skip it."

"You can't, math is quite important, you know." I replied in a calm tone. "Can I see the math homework?"  

Akaza glanced around, sighing, and began to put his stuff away. "We should do something fun instead."

"Oh, come on." I furrowed my eyebrows. "This is the last session this week. no more tutoring for four days." 

"Then we should do something fun. I have an idea." He smiled, thought it wasn't a fun type of smile. He had come up with something I probably wouldn't like. "But it has to include math, though." I sighed, his smile faded for a second, before his smile went wider. "Deal."

He took out an un-used notebook from his bag and slid it over to me. "Write ten math equations and I'll do the same, then I'll go on to explain the rules." 

I roll my eyes and do as he says, writing ten equations, making them fairly difficult to the point where even I struggled to work it out before writing it down. 

Once I was finished, I handed them to him, and watched him at he began to write something, he took a short while before finishing and cutting them out, folding them up and scattering them on the coffee table, shuffling them all around it. "The rules are; work out the equation or do the dare." He smiled, seemingly excited. "'Do the dare'?" I mumbled, he didn't explain further. "I'll go first."