9

The next day was strange for Tanjiro - well, stranger than usual. Akaza wasn't in school the next day, which wasn't unusual or something Tanjiro noticed right away. The strangest thing to him was meeting Muichiro, a quiet and strange boy, he was a freshman who moved to the school, Tanjiro was commissioned to show him around school and what-not. Muichiro has a twin brother, who wasn't attending the school currently. 

Muichiro kept falling asleep in classes, and forgetting basic things taught in the classroom that many would learn easily. But Tanjiro figured he just had learning difficulties or possibly ADHD. It wasn't uncommon anymore, after all. 

The next day, Akaza was nowhere to be seen, and Tanjiro was growing closer to Muichiro, they were getting along quite well, and Muichiro started to open up more and speak more clearly and more often. 

Yet another day where Akaza was nowhere to be seen.

And another. 

And another. 

And yet another. 

Soon, a full week had passed, and Tanjiro had grown a bit worried. Sure, Jiro wasn't fond of the demon, but he still cared - a weakness Jiro was cursed with - though it could also be a blessing.

The sun was setting and the skies were an orange hue, clouds faded to an orangey-pink. The sun looked deadly as it set. Tanjiro had walked all the way to the Hakuji residence, and knocked on the door multiple times. 

The door opened, and a female worker who tended to the house opened the door. "Hakuji Residence, is everything okay?" She asked in a polite tone. 

"Have you seen Akaza? He hasn't been to school in a short while, and I'm getting worried. Is he okay?" Tanjiro asks in a tone that matches the womans. The woman's smile faded slightly and she hesitated. "Akaza.. Uhm.. Akaza's busy with something, right now."

Just then, as if on cue, a loud crash was heard, as if a manchild was having some sort of violent temper tantrum and was throwing things around - like the types of people Tanjiro saw in movies. The woman flinched, and nervously laughed. "Uh- as you can tell, Akaza's busy.. Dealing with a few personal problems - if you could come back in maybe a week? Or - I'd suggest a month." She quickly spoke in a nervous tone, beginning to close the door. "Wait- huh?" Jiro mumbled, before the door could close there was a loud voice yelling - so much so that it frightened the poor woman to practically jump, open the door and take a few steps behand Tanjiro, as if using him as a meat shield.  "WHERE THE HELL IS IT?! ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB?!"

"Sorry sir-" 

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANNA HEAR YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSES!"

"Akaza!" Tanjiro called out in anger. Akaza was in view of Tanjiro, but he looked.. Different. There was a man who looked terrified standing near Akaza while he stomped around, falling silent when he hears Tanjiro's voice. Tanjiro stood his ground, keeping his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed. "Why haven't you been to school in a week?" Tanjiro asked with a patient tone. Akaza's visible fury seemed to have faded. 

Within the next few moments, Tanjiro couldn't recall what had happened next, as he the next thing he knew was that he was in Akaza's bedroom, sitting on the bed while the demon lay down with his face buried in his pillow.  ".. So..." Jiro mumbled, the silence becoming rather discomforting for the boy. "Have you calmed down yet?"