Chapter 1

She felt cold. This wasn't her bed.

Blinking once, twice, thrice, she slowly started patting the surface she now seemed to be laying upon. It wasn't soft, comfy, or warm. Instead, it was hard, cold, and a little damp, as if she had been sleeping beneath a puddle.

Confused, she rolled onto her back and opened her eyes, only to shut them again immediately.

"Comfy, Casey?"

She opened her eyes again.

Oh my god.

Just moments away from her face, beside the ugly, goblin puppet which must have been drooling onto her, was the face of the Goblin King, Jareth.
Real, breathing, and straight out of the tv screen.

Or perhaps... she was now in the screen herself.

"No... no?... NO!"

Going through a series of emotions before finally settling on panicked confusion, she sat up straight. She headbutted the - surprisingly soft - goblin in her journey to upright-ed-ness, but avoided Jareth as he moved aside, stalking in a wide arc around the circular dip in the centre of the room.

"Ahhh! She's tough!!" The goblin shrieked as he flew almost halfway across the room, a chorus of other goblin cries rising in the room.

"Now, now, Casey. That's no way to greet your fellow goblins."

"Fellow goblins!? I don't think so!" Casey retorted immediately, fighting to stand, as she faced Jareth across the room.

It appeared they were stood within the Goblin Castle in the centre of the Goblin City. If she were supposed to journey there throughout this crazy fever dream she seemed to be having, it wouldn't take her long at all.

"W-What am I doing here?"

Casey asked, trying to keep her voice steady, but failing right from the start.

"I took you away, just as you asked."

"But I didn't-"

"Don't interrupt me, Casey."

Jareth quipped as he reached her in his pacing, gripping her chin in his hands. The leather of his gloves squeaked against her skin and she would have much preferred the snake to scarf right about now.

"You asked to be taken away. Right now. And so I did..."

He gave her a wicked smirk as she fought to keep her mouth shut, green eyes burning into his deep, blue.

"And now, you will become a goblin... a goblin babe."

She felt her jaw drop, and it seemed to be the reaction he wanted, as he laughed, loud and exaggerated.

The rest of the room remained silent, but at the King's command of,

"Well!?"

"HAHAHAHAHA"

The room responded in kind, and Casey felt sick to her stomach.

She was trapped in the Labyrinth, this had to be a dream.