Chapter 22: Comfort zones

"You mean actually go to a club? No….no absolutely not."

"I need your opinion. What do you think?" Chanelle asks as her body turns from one side to the other in the mirror, assessing the fitted white corset style top she had just put on. 

"I'm reading." Comes the reply from the girl, hunched over the small desk on the other side of the room. Her thick dark bob and heavy bangs seemed to create a cocoon around her book, all about crime and forensics. 

Chanelle exhales a sigh as she looks across to her roommate. She places her hands on her hips. "Joanna Joan, it wouldn't hurt to put your book down for one minute…."

"Don't call me that! It's Jojo." She pivots in her seat, with a disgruntled look as she adjusts her tortoise shell glasses, as they slide down her nose. She looks back at Chanelle, who was now grinning. 

"Now you have turned around, tell me, what do you think of this top?" She begins to move around so Jojo can take in all the angles. 

Jojo reluctantly looks at the white fitted garment, taking in the lace and the boning and the criss cross ribbon at the back which seemed to hold it in place. She furrows her brow. "Isn't that supposed to go under your clothes?"

Chanelle laughs out loud as she approaches Jojo, pinching one of her chubby cheeks. "You are so innocent. I love it." She retracts her hand, leaving Jojo to rub where the squeeze had taken place. "Does it go with these jeans, or should I go with a skirt?"