Chapter 23: Confession

"Do you want me to spell it out?"

The male jerks his head back in order to catch Chanelle's stare. He lets out a light laugh, unsure of whether she was being serious or just playing with him. "You're kidding me right?" His eyes once again flick to the well fitted top, before looking back into her eyes. "You don't seem the type to…"

"To… what?" Chanelle smirks, raising a solitary eyebrow along with the question as she again speaks in his ear. "To want to lay with a woman? To get her riled up that she's gonna scream my name 'Chanelle…..oh Chanelle… don't stop. ..Yes, I'm cumming... mmmm oh yeah..." She bits on her bottom lip as she takes a step back, amused by the sheer confusion on the man's face. 

"No. You're bluffing." He laughs. Not certain of his words this time as he shakes his head. 

She takes yet another step back. This time, turning towards Jojo, who had watched the interaction, but had not heard a single word spoken, and is not prepared for the actions of her roommate, who in that moment looked down upon  her, getting closer than she would normally do. "Chan… Chanelle, what are you doing?" 

Chanelle doesn't respond to the question right away. Her eyes seemed to be trained on Jojo's lips as she takes a finger to her chin and gently tilts her head back. "Kiss." She utters. The word,  not nearly loud enough to hear, but Jojo knew exactly what was about to happen, having no time to think it through, to mentally prepare as in the next moment,  Chanelle's lips pressed against hers. 

Jojo freezes on the spot. Statuesque as Chanelle's lips use hers like a plaything, before finally pulling away and turning to look at the male who by now should have got the message. "Have I made myself clear?" Chanelle smiles as she presses her body against Jojo's side, with Jojo still in a state of shock. The male backs away without a word, he turns to the dancefloor, finally getting lost in the bodies of people and only now, does Jojo find the ability to move her limbs. 

She pushes Chanelle off her as she wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. The action causes Chanelle to stumble back as she holds an arm out to the side. The words with which Jojo wanted to speak evade her as she looks up at Chanelle, feeling overwhelmed and on the cusp of an angry outburst as she feels her teeth and fists clench. She chooses to leave the scene, heading in the opposite direction to the dance floor.

"Jojo. Where are you going?" Chanelle calls behind her, taking a moment to act as her steps soon follow behind. She catches up just in time to see her roommate disappear out of a fire door. "Jojo wait!" Comes the plea for her to stop as Chanelle just about catches the door before it closes. 

"Leave me alone." Jojo shouts as she steps out into the semi pitch darkness of the alleyway. 

Chanelle reaches out to pull the other female around by her shoulder. "Jojo, talk to me." She pleads. 

Jojo dares to look at Chanelle. She could see her face full of concern, a far cry from the strong fearless person she was used to seeing. "You shouldn't have done that." Jojo finally admits. 

Chanelle lowers her hand, letting it drop by her side. "He was a pest. I was getting rid of him." 

"By using me?  Is that why I am here? So you can tease men and play with them?" Jojo looks at the corseted top in front of her. "You shouldn't wear clothes like that if you don't want the attention." 

Chanelle places her hands on her hips, taking a step forwards. "I wear what I want for myself, not for anyone else. Just like you." She looks at the blouse Jojo had on. "I don't judge you, so why judge me?"

"That's not the point!" Jojo shouts back. "You kissed me because you wanted a reaction. Did you even consider how I would feel?" Jojo takes a breath, using the moment of silence to gather her thoughts. "Pretending to like women to get a guy off your back. That's…. That's…."

"I wasn't pretending." Chanelle cuts Jojo's sentence off. "I do like women." 

"Oh." Jojo feels a sudden awkwardness as she scratches the back of her neck. "But it's confusing, that's all." 

"Do you want me to spell it out?" Chanelle takes a step closer. "I like you Jojo."

"W…what?" Jojo feels her mouth fall open in shock, before she snaps it closed again. "You don't like me like that. You can't. " 

"Why not?" Chanelle says, with a laugh. "Am I not allowed? Jojo you are smart, focused, you are authentic. Plus you are so adorable when you get flustered and I've wanted to kiss you for a while now, but I just couldn't find the moment.  I guess that wasn't the best time to go for it. I'm sorry. " She looks down at her own corset. "Maybe I did wear this to impress someone just a little." 

Jojo frowns at the confession. "Why me?" She asks, feeling a tremble in her voice. "You could have anyone. Anyone at all…"

"But I don't want anyone." Chanelle feels a moment of doubt as Jojo's expression seems difficult to read. "Am I being too presumptuous? I thought I sensed the feeling you might feel the same." 

Jojo finds the courage from somewhere to look into Chanelle's eyes. "I don't know how I feel. You just…. You make me feel different. I don't know if it's admiration or…." The conversation stops when Chanelle's lips meet Jojo's once again. The sudden change of course catches her off guard, but this time, the feeling was different. This wasn't for show. This wasn't pretend. This was real and happening and for the first time in her life, Jojo drops her guard. 

But it would be the last….

Underdogs (boyxboy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें