Chapter 3

Hi again, guys! Decided to type up chapter 3 after quite a while! Enjoy!

-

"So, how was detention?" Sara asked through the phone. I was currently lying in bed after rewatching Season 3 of Sherlock for the fourth time this year already. After rewatching, I was quite bored and decided to give Sara a call, hoping to start a conversation with her.

"It was disgusting," I exclaimed, scrunching my nose up until I couldn't breathe. "Fucking Kylie and Christopher Adams kept snogging each other and sharing saliva."

Sara's laughter was heard through the phone before I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"You had detention with Christopher Adams?" she queried. I rolled around on my bed a few times before nodding into the phone.

"Was that a yes or no?" Sara asked again. Realising what I had done, I quickly replied with a clipped 'yes.'

"You're so lucky to have shared air with Christopher Adams..." she sighed with admiration. I cringed. Sara's always thought that Christopher was hot and a 'total babe' and just charming. I agree with him being hot but charming? Over my dead fucking body. Charming, my ass. He more resembled a deformed bottle. And his personality sucked horse shit.

"Sara, let me just remind you that you have a boyfriend, also known as Christopher Adams' best buddy!" I laughed into the phone.

"I know, I know. A girl can dream though, can't she?"

"Whatever, whatever," I stated, waving my hand in the air.

"Anyways, I'm sleepy, so goodnight Charlotte!" she squealed before hanging up without waiting for me to acknowledge her exit. Sara always did this. I kind of got used to it after the first few times I started talking to her through the phone.

"Night Sara," I said to the repetitive dial tone before also hanging up.

-

Going downstairs in the morning, I was greeted by Jake's lovely face. He was perched on one of the barstools facing the counter, spooning soggy cereal from his bowl.

"What's up, little brother?" I exclaimed, approaching to take a seat beside him. He didn't raise his head to greet me, but instead, chose to just focus his eyes on the swirling mess in his bowl.

"What's wrong with you?..." I asked, genuinely concerned. He was acting like an angsty teenager.

After receiving no reply, I shrugged my shoulders before going over to the cupboard and grabbing a bowl. This was a rare occurrence. Me actually waking up early for school. This rarely ever happened in the Dale household. After the first few times, my mom kind of just gave up on trying to wake me up for school and Jake kind of just gave up on waiting for me since he kept missing his train.

"Oi! Jake!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. The little twit didn't even look up. What the fuck was wrong with him today?

I paced over to him before poking my finger at his hair. Soft.

"Char, what the hell?! Don't fuck up the hair!"he screamed, finally regaining his consciousness. I laughed as he tried to use his fingers to pat it back down.