Sheepskin

S H E E P S K I N

S H E E P S K I N

" Sheep abide by the herd complex; safety in numbers. When all are the same, no one can be singled out.

A fox among sheep is able to infiltrate the herd only a handful of ways: under the veil of dusk, or by clothing itself as the prey, shedding its wool when darkness falls.

One shepherd is faced with a dilemma. He was raised to cull the fox that feasts upon his flock; protect the herd. When the discovery dawns that a sheep of his is something far more monstrous, ravishing the others when his head is turned, he finds himself doing the unimaginable: he turns to the fox for help. "

E X T E N D E D S U M M A R Y

The news of a boy found dead and a girl missing shakes the French village of Bêtemont to its core, leaving no doubt in the mind of Jonah there's something sinister lurking within the tree line. When he begins to suspect the killer is walking among them, hidden in plain sight, Jonah discovers it's not the wolf in the forest he should fear, but the one in sheep's clothing.

Masks have always been the first line of defence in disguising who we truly are. To hide the darkest parts of ourselves which follow us like shadows; the parts we don't want anyone else to see. The only difference being, some shadows are far darker than others.

And far more dangerous.

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Hello, everyone! Before you start reading, there are a few things I'd like you all to know:

- Sheepskin is predominantly a mystery/thriller. Nothing is as it seems, so pay attention to the small details. Read between the lines in order to try and piece things together.

- This is unedited. I don't write in English very often so my grammar is real rusty lol. I always read over my work before publishing, but it's impossible for me to correct everything so feel free to point out any typos or grammar related mistakes you find. That, and I'm not a professional writer. I write just for fun. Constructive criticism is welcome but please don't be too mean because some of you are ruthless lmao.

D I S C L A I M E R

This book will include/discuss the following themes such as:

graphic descriptions of violence, blood and gore

strong language

substance abuse

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright ©️ 2023 by blckberryhoney

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form by any means, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in reviews.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, organisations, places, events and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictionally.

Enjoy <3