Back

3rd September 2023.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu!!

It has been more than a year since I updated this book.

A few months ago, when I forced myself to sit and write the next chapter, I felt the thrill that I used to get when I wrote. My fingers edged to cover the pages soon and live through them.

I just wanted to stop by to inform you that the updates are on the way. I have been working on the chapters for quite a few months now. Hopefully, I will cover everything soon and present you with something... Different. :')

Also, I have got something to tell you.

Now if I look back and see before one and a half years ago, I had been passionately working on this book. It had taken me months to draw the plots and characters and to do the intense research.

I can still picture a year-old me hunching down with my notes open, with earphones plugged inside my ears, busy scratching about this book.

This makes me realise that this is the first book that I have taken too seriously and have worked extremely hard for I have got a lot of things to convey to the world through this book, through A Mazed Heart.

But...

Never had I ever thought that I would stop writing. My life took a major turn last year and I have been trying to adjust to it.

And squeezing time from a tight schedule seemed an impossible task. I was waiting for things to settle down, but it never did.

Hence, I have decided to squeeze the time out of my tight schedule to write this book for I worked hard on this and I love all the nooks and crooks of this book. Giving up is not an option now :')

And also, I can't keep my babies hanging amidst the unwritten pages ;) They are eager to unveil their future.

They have been nagging me for quite some time now. Do you want to know what they have to say?

Yahya: *A little tired* Can you please start writing again? I can't bear this torment any longer. I want to know where Haadi is. Is he safe out there? What is keeping him from returning home? Why is he taking so long? Can he... Can he still be alive? *shuts his eyes painfully and sighs before looking at me wearily* This thought... it gnaws at my soul, tearing me apart every single day. Please, don't leave me hanging in this maze of uncertainty.

Darakhshan: Hey, I'm glad you showed up. I was wondering about the next update. I hope you will update soon. Because I really want to live the life that I have always dreamt of. I was about to be graduated, but then... Anyways... *Side-glances and scratches her flushed cheek* Don't stop writing, author. Because... *Looks at me hopefully* I really want to know about Haadi's whereabouts. I want to reunite with him and relive our golden memories.

Aahil: I request you *looks at me with pleading eyes* please give me an update. I... It took me years to bring myself up to approach her. I dream of a future with her. Please, I don't want to remain like this... All alone. My hope relies on you, author. I can move on only if you give the update.

Haadi: *gives his cold stare* You have disappointed me, Rifa. I had finally got my hands on the truth and was about to change my dream into reality. But then, you decided not to update. Pathetic!

Thinking about them propelled me to come back to writing.

And yeah, I've inserted the dialogues above as a means of refreshment of the previous chapters. I hope you haven't forgotten them. It's been more than a year after all.

If you think that you don't remember anything, then kindly go back and have a quick glance through the chapters.

And I really hope that people will actually invest some time into reading this book which I'm putting my mind and soul into penning down. Kindly, leave your thoughts and comments for the extrinsic motivation that I'm in extreme need of to keep writing despite the busy schedule.

I hope you don't disappoint me :')

And don't forget to tag your friends and family and invite them to get into the journey of A Mazed Heart.

Tag here >>>

We, the writers, constantly work hard throughout an entire month and more to write a single chapter. The readers, on the other hand, finish the same chapter within 15 minutes.

The writers invest their time and energy and in turn, if they get nothing, it's a major injustice to the writers.

All you need to do is leave your thoughts in the comments and if you are shy to enter into the comment box then you are welcome to pay a visit to my inbox and drop your thoughts.

Anything, whatever passes through your mind, so that I get to know that my hard work is not going in vain. How are you?

P. S. Expect an update within 15 days, In Sha Allah.