𝑩𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝑭𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒔

"Where do the Careers feel safest?" Beetee asks once they're all gathered around him and listening intently

"Where do the Careers feel safest?" Beetee asks once they're all gathered around him and listening intently. "The jungle?"

"The jungle's a nightmare." Johanna retorts bluntly, Dahlia nodding silently in agreement. No one would stay in that hellhole willingly, not with the dangers lurking in every segment.

Peeta pitches in with his own suggestion, "Probably here on the beach."

"Then why are they not here?" Beetee asks again, already knowing the answer but wanting his allies to work out the direction he's taking them.

"Because we are." Johanna answers sassily, growing impatient with Beetee's incessant questions. "We claimed it."

"And if we left, they would come." Beetee adds on, prompting the group along.

Finnick sighs pessimistically and points out, "Or stay hidden in the tree line."

"Which in just over four hours will be soaked with water from the ten o'clock wave." Beetee reminds them, eyes shifting between each tribute standing before him. "And what happens at midnight?"

"The lightning strikes." Dahlia replies gruffly, crossing her arms with a huff as she too grows fed up. "Enough with the questions. Where are you going with this?"

Beetee remains unfazed by Dahlia's sharp attitude, smirking deviously as he begins to explain his plan, "Here's what I propose. We leave the beach at dusk. We head to the lightning tree. That should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight we then run this wire from the tree to the water. Anyone in the water or on the damp sand will be electrocuted."

"How do we know the wire's not gonna burn up?" Johanna questions harshly, wary of the coil that Beetee had been so insistent on retrieving. She had nearly died to get that cable, so she stubbornly held a grudge against it.

"Because I invented it." Beetee answers simply, shooting down any further arguments they might have about the durability of the coil. "I assure you, it won't burn up."

Beetee waits tolerantly for a decision to be made as silence fills the group. Johanna, Finnick and Dahlia exchange glances, knowing this could be their opportunity to get Katniss safely out of the arena. Their silent conversation causes the young girl to raise an eyebrow in suspicion but she doesn't dare speak up against them.

Finally, Johanna is the one to voice her (albeit reluctant) support, "Well, it's better than hunting them down."

"Yeah, why not?" Katniss accepts quickly, masking her distrusting feelings as she turns away from the trio. "If it fails, no harm done anyway, right?"

Peeta nods in agreement with the girl, oblivious to her wary scepticism as he declares, "All right, I say we try it."

"So what can we do to help?" Finnick asks, willing to go along with this plan and hopefully get out of this arena alive.