Chapter 2

Jason parked his Range Rover on the circular driveway of the Boutique Hotel his mother owned. He jumped out the SUV before the valet could open the door for his lovely wife Karen. "I'll get the door Jeffery."

Jason was excited. He and Karen had learned that morning she was a few weeks pregnant. Not to mention they had just arrived to the huge surprise third anniversary party he planned for his wife.

Karen hopped out the truck. "Thank you Jason."

"Careful baby girl, don't move too fast."

Karen smiled and shook her head. "I can still move normally...I'm a few weeks pregnant not eight or nine months!"

Jason just smiled at his wife. He knew in a few minutes she was going to be blown off her feet with the surprise he had inside the hotel. He had told Karen he arranged for them to have a private dinner on the hotel's newly designed Royal Rooftop Garden.

Jason looked his wife up and down. She was even more beautiful than the day he married her three years ago. Karen was 5'10 and had a face more beautiful than any supermodel. Her skin was dark brown and perfect-not a scar or blemish was present. Her hair was long, black, curly, and stretched to her shoulders.

Jason grabbed Karen's hand and led her into the hotel lobby pass the check in desk to the gold plated elevators. As they stood waiting Jason positioned himself behind Karen and wrapped his arms around her. He whispered in Karen's ear. "You love me baby?"

"I do Jason, Always and Forever." Karen replied referring to their wedding song and the last line of her vows to him.

Jason lifted her head and gave her a passionate kiss as the elevator doors began to open.

***

Tami Young quieted the guests after she received a text from her son Jason.

Jason: We're down stairs. Be there in a few minutes.

Tami: Okay!!!

"Okay everyone quiet. Jason and Karen will be here in about two minutes."

The guests rushed over near the elevator doors. As they stood waiting for the doors to open Tami couldn't help but feel proud of the way life had turned out for her and her three sons.

They hadn't always been the toast of the town. For many years it was just her, Jason, Lee and her stepson Rob. Her only goal was to raise them to be good men. The type of man their father never was.

When her son's father was alive they struggled. Mr. Young had a great job but he ran the streets a lot. Tami stayed home raising Jason and Lee. When her husband passed away in a car crash one night along with a woman he was having an affair with she was devastated.

Not only was he having an affair but he was living a double life. When she arrived at The University Hospital she found out there was a third person in the vehicle-a child named Robert Jr., who was a few weeks older than her six year old son Jason.

When no one from her husband's mistress family could be found to claim the young child she told authorities she would take him with her. She thought about her own sons and her heart would not let her leave the young boy behind.

When she arrived home and walked through the door she could hear her sons playing in their bedroom. She looked at Heather, the nineteen year old from next door who she often had babysit for her. "How long have they been awake?"

"They've been woke about half an hour." Heather replied.

Tami nodded her head. She didn't know how she was going to explain to her six and three year old sons why their father was never coming home again, or how they suddenly had a brother. She just prepared herself not to cry as they came out their room.