CHAPTER SIX: the lab.

"Get him out

"Get him out. Go! Go!"

At this point Will was screaming out of pain and Joyce was trying to calm him down, but to be honest, Cassie never felt so scared. She didn't even notice the tears streaming down her cheeks as she turned around not being able to watch. She grabbed a hand that was the closest to hers for some kind of comfort and it happened to be Mike Wheeler's hand.

"God! Hold on, sweetie! I'm right here. Just hold on." Will kept crying and Cassie did too. Mike noticed the girl crying he felt the tears too, so he just let her hold his hand.

"Vitals?" Cassie heard one doctor say and another replied. "Heart rate 220. Temperature's 106."

"Will, where does it hurt?"

"All over." Will kept grunting and crying and Cassie still couldn't get herself to look at her childhood best friend.

"She says he feels like he's burning. Check for burns."

"I don't see anything."

"Where does it hurt the most, Will?"
"Everywhere! Everywhere!"

Cassie opened the door to the hallway as she cried. She couldn't do this. Mike noticed the girl's disappearence and followed her.

"Cassie, what's wrong? Are you okay? What's going on?" Mike kept asking although he didn't recieve an answer, the brunette just continued walking, hands in hair, until she stopped and slided down a wall as she continued crying.

Mike walked to her and crouched down in front of her. He saw the state she was in and knew what was happening, because he's seen it before. She was having a panic attack.

"Alright, you taught me what to do, Uhm, yeah, so tell me five things you see."

Cassie looked around "Uhm, you, doors, lights, my hands and my shoes."

"Okay great, now uh, four things you can touch."

"Uhm you, the floor, my pants, the wall." Mike started to see, that it's working so he took it as a cue to continue.

"Yeah, now three things you can hear."

"Your voice, my voice and the lights."

"Okay, two things you can smell."

"Uhm, my perfume and detergents."

"And one things you can taste."

"My cherry lip balm." Mike saw that the brunette has calmed down and smiled.

"Thank you."

"Of course." He helped her up.

"No, seriously, thank you." They were both staring at each other and as on cue they both started to lean in. After a short moment they lips touched and they both kissed back. They pulled away to catch their breatch and Cassie chuckled as they both started walking back into Wills room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some time, Will fell asleep. Due to Cassie's lack of sleep, she found herself sleeping on Mike's shoulder. Not that he minded. They both had a crush on each other since ever. But now they were more like a compensation for each other. Mike wanted El, but she wasn't there and Cassie wanted Max, but she wasn't sure, if Max liked her back. They both wanted someone else, but they couldn't have them, so they substituted them for each other. Cassie was sleeping until Mike started lightly shaking her shoulders. "Cassie wake up, Will's awake." After hearing those words, Cassie immediately raised from her chair and went to Wills bed.