Chapter 14:Punishment

SY'RAI WELLINGTON||17

WELLINGTON MANOR|| SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31st

"Seems like yuh enjoy yourself at the bbq" mommy starts walking into the living room staring at her phone.

I was sitting on the floor around the coffee table getting some school work done.

Here she goes again with this bbq thing, after the little holiday school opened the following Tuesday. It's been two weeks since the bbq and I've been under punishment since they've returned home the Sunday evening.

The lady did mean it when she say she a carry me go put me on birth control and a the grace a God make Dr. Cheng never mention nothing bout me already being on it.

I wasn't sure if it was the look I had on my face but she proceed as normal playing it off.

I literally have no access to my phone and I could only use my laptop for school purposes and to make sure a that alone it a use for, I can only use it in the living room around her so she can monitor me.

I wasn't allowed to go anywhere and either she or daddy takes me to and from school. If one wasn't available the other had to drop me off or pick me up.

The only sense of freedom I had per say was during school hours cause she wasn't there breathing down my neck every 5 minutes.

"Who the baby inna Avi hands? Mi never know Asa have another child?" she questions sitting behind me, scrolling on her phone.

"What baby?" I asks playing dumb and she leans forward showing me a group picture of the Nasir's.

"This baby" she says pointing to Azani, "That's Avi's baby cousin" I lied and she hums leaning back into the couch.

"Him dead stamp a Avi father though" she says and I tune her out as daddy walks through the door.

"Evening" he greets putting down his stuff and we answer him, coming closer he gives mommy a kiss and then tapping me slightly on the shoulder since I was too low for him to kiss my cheek.

"Sy'rai yuh get the permission slip from yuh teacher yet?" he asks and mommy looks at him then at me.

"Permission slip fi fah?" she questions and I leave it to daddy to fill her in cause mi goodly explain and she take me on cause the lady serious seh mi deh pan punishment fi a month.

"She tell me she have a school trip this Friday" he tells her walking into the kitchen and her raging eyes turn to me.

"Which school trip that? Normally dem notify parents bout these things" she says and I sighed cause I know exactly where this is going.

"Not a school trip nah keep a excuse she a look fi go idle with her friends" she says putting her phone down, turning all her attention towards me.

"Ms. big woman" she calls out when I refuse to meet her gaze and mi convince seh this lady tormented eno cause how she just start suh.