CHAPTER 10

FEB 1958

Weeks had passed since I first met John. I've gone to school with him, hanged out with him, and also his mother and  Aunt Mimi. Mostly i've helped Aunt Mimi with some chores around the house, of course I cleaned my own room and washed my own clothes. She  made it clear that she would appreciate me running errands for her not to far from the house. John helped me for a week to navigate which stores to go and how to get there and back home. I'm very happy at how close we've gotten in the last few weeks. Today, John had given me the news that Paul wants to meet us at a fish and chip shop. I sit beside John at a table in the middle of the shop, along with the other Quarrymen.  

"When is Paul getting here?" I ask.

John turns away from his bandmates to look over at me, " This is the tenth time you've asked! Where's Paul? When is Paul gettin here? You can't even let me finish talking with the lads!"

I had not realized how much I pestered with the same question. It was always amusing the thought of hanging around with two Beatles, I couldn't help myself from the anxiety. My glance kept at the glass window overlooking the street, trying to identify Paul in the faces of the people.

"Have you been to a fishy shop?" John nudges me. My head quickly spins to his direction staring back at him.

"No"

He stares at me for a second, "Of course you haven't"

And with that he turns back to his friends without saying anything else to me, leaving me puzzled at his response. The bell of the shop door rings and Paul appears at the door followed by another young boy who's identity I could not see due to him hiding right behind Paul.

"McCartney!" John and the rest of the Quarrymen cry. Paul shyly raises his hand up, greeting them with a smile. John leans back on his chair and places both his arms behind his head, "What have you got for us McCartney?"

"I brought in a mate of mine, from school" Paul said, moving over  to reveal the young teenager hiding behind him.  My face beamed at the sight of a shy young George Harrison.  He looks exactly as in his early photographs, a kid with a teddy boy facade like John's.  I tap my foot rapidly waiting for Paul to introduce us. I guess my tapping was extremely obvious causing John to turn to me.

"Whats wrong with your leg there?"

"Nothing I j-just-"

Before I could come up with any excuse, Paul brings George up to John, "This is George".

I watch as John gets up from his seat and eyes him up and down before he gradually shakes his hand. I get up excitedly and impatiently, hoping Paul will direct George to me.

"And this is Rosa, Rosa this is George", Paul says.

"Nice to meet you George I-" I stop myself before I could say anything odd, at least to them. John's gaze was on me, he probably noticed the big smile I had plastered on my face, he most likely will question me about it soon. George didn't seem to mind me smiling so bright, he even flashed a half smile at me as he shook my hand.

"George knows how to play too you know" Paul remarked at the Quarrymen, most importantly to John. John as I expected arched a brow and scoffed, making me feel slightly embarrassed at his reaction.

"How old are you lad? Still wetting the bed eh?" John crudely asked. The rest of the Quarrymen laughed at his comment. I on the other hand did not find it humorous at all. The smile on my face faded and I was too afraid to look over at Paul and George, especially George. He glances to Paul, he rolls his eyes at his young friend.

"I'm fourteen actually" George responds.  He pulls out a chair right beside John but is stopped by John's sudden grip onto the chair. George glances up at him confused, followed by my confused gaze.