𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

He was overwhelmed. He felt horrible for how he had treated his mother for the past decade. He never realized or took the time to think about how she felt whenever he'd push her away.

He carefully placed the picture on the bedside table and rushed into his bedroom. He quickly stripped himself of the uniform he was still wearing and put on some more comfortable clothes before entering his mom's room again.

He climbed into the bed and hugged her from behind, feeling hot tears run out of his eyes. "Sorry...," Is all he managed to say before drifting off to sleep.

"Jungwon, Jungwon, wake up," Minyeong gently shook her son to wake him up. Jungwon whined as he shook his head back and forth. "Won, c'mon you have school," She smiled fondly. The boy slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them tiredly.

"I made you breakfast," She informed him before walking out of the room.

Jungwon sat up, a bit dazed, prior to looking around the room. He was confused as to why he was in his mother's room until he saw the picture still on the table.

He instantly got up and made his way into his room and got ready for the day. He grabbed his backpack off of his bed and contemplated whether he should bring the book with him or not.

He almost left the room without grabbing it but changed his mind. He took it and stuffed it into his bag before leaving to eat breakfast.

"Morning, Mom," He smiled sweetly as he sat down. Minyeong couldn't hold back her smile as she greeted him back. She was extremely curious as to why her son was being so nice towards her but she wasn't complaining one bit. She had longed for this for such a long time, she just wanted to cherish every moment she got with him.

They spent their meal talking to each other and laughing about things that happened in the past. Jungwon never realized how fun and cool his mom was, especially when she was younger.

He felt even worse about how he had previously behaved now that he knew how enjoyable his mom could be. Sure, he missed his father but at least he had a mother. Some people didn't have either.

...Some people didn't have either.

"Bye-bye!" Jungwon bid his goodbyes to his mother. "Have a good day, Won! I love you!" She chirped. "Love you too, Mom," Jungwon smiled before closing the car door behind him.

He had a few minutes to roam before the first bell rang so he headed to the garden in search of Heeseung.

He went to the fountain but instead of seeing Heeseung, he saw Haerin. "Hey, Wonsters," She greeted the boy. Jungwon internally grimaced at the nickname but kept his composure.

"Hey, do you know a Lee Heeseung?" He asked the female in front of him. "No? Who is that?" She answered causing Jungwon's brows to furrow. "He's in our grade. Tall, greenish colored hair, cute deer-like eyes...," Jungwon described him, confused as to how she didn't know who that was.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Are you going crazy or something?" She asked, offending Jungwon but also making him overthink. Was he genuinely going crazy?

"Oh, forget it," He chuckled awkwardly. Haerin shrugged before talking; "Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you in class," She asked. "Uh, I- I uhm...," He stuttered, making up an excuse in his head.

"Did you skip?!" She accused the boy, getting closer to him. "Don't tell anyone!" He whisper-yelled at the female in front of him. "I'm gonna tell Principal Y-," — "Jungwon! Over here!" Jungwon heard someone cut her off. He ignored what she said, turning around to see Heeseung at the front of the school.

"Got to go! Bye," Jungwon told Haerin before walking away. She watched as he jogged off and balled her fists before storming off to somewhere far into the bushes of the garden.

"Hey, Won. How have you been?" Heeseung asked the younger as he rested his arm around his shoulder. "Hi, I've been fine," Jungwon lied as he continued to walk. Heeseung knew it was a lie but he didn't say anything about it.

"Hey, I have a question," Jungwon said, stopping in his tracks. Heeseung halted his movements as well and turned to him. Jungwon took off his backpack and took out the book. "Have you seen this before?" He asked. A small smile crept onto Heeseung's face. "Yeah, it's a great book and extremely helpful. I'd recommend reading it," He smiled kindly. Jungwon nodded and put it back.

The bell began to ring and Jungwon let out a sigh. "See you at lunch?" Heeseung tilted his head. "Yep! Bye, Hyung," Jungwon bid his farewell to the older before heading to class.

Maybe he'd actually read the book.

a/n note!!: hi peaches!! if you feel like the plot is going by fast or if you feel like the book is being "rushed" i want this book to be around only 25 chapters long. and again, sorry for the short chapters. a vote and comment would be greatly appreciated!! i love you and hope you're doing well!!
May 🌷

...