As Long As You're Happy

Anime/Game: Genshin Impact
Pairing: Kaveh x Alhaitham
Song: I Know You, Faye Webster
Genre: Slight angst, fluff, BL
Word Count: 974

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaveh's POV:

As I sat there, unsure of what to do for my next piece, my mind drifted off to the thought of Alhaitham. I knew I had a crush on him, but I was completely blind when it came to love, so I didn't know what to do.

"Alhaitham..." I initiated a conversation, but I didn't exactly know what else to say. "How's school going? Y-you know, as a scribe and all..?"

You're holding me and holding back, I don't really care for that... just you.

Alhaitham looked up from his work and towards me before speaking, "Same as usual."

There's a pause between every minute, feelin' like I need something... it's just you.

"Oh, uh-, yeah. I'm sure." I try to laugh it off, but embarrassment began hitting me like a truck, so I quickly looked away from him, hiding my face.

I know, I know, you... you.

"Mhm." I heard Alhaitham hum as he returned to his work, but I felt my heart shattering.

It was only an awkward conversation, but I felt like I just screwed our entire relationship over. I'm an idiot.

I'll quiet down if it's what you want. I understand I'm not the only one for you.

As I stared at the blank page in front of me, I just couldn't take it, I felt my eyes swell up with idea of him not even liking guys.

So tell me what you're looking for. Is it a picture perfect girl for you?

I just got up and left, too embarrassed to try and brush it off. My own thoughts consumed me, my eyes were teary, and I felt my body overwhelm itself with anxiety. Was I chasing after a guy who could care less about me? Who even cared for me? Me, myself, and I?

It was really starting to feel like that.

Alhaitham's POV:

As soon as I heard Kaveh leave, I looked up, something in me telling me he wasn't okay. I got up to see what he was working on to only see the page completely blank. Worry grew in me as I thought of what the issue could've been. Was it because I replied too plainly? I know I struggle with that, but trying harder wouldn't hurt.

I walked down the hallway, finding his door and knocking on it.

"Kaveh?" I questioned and got no response. "I'm coming in."

I waited for him to tell me not to or say I could, but I got neither... Once the door fully opened, I saw him sitting on his bed, his knees curled up to his chest as tears flowed down his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Go away."

I'm here regardless of the pain, don't ever tell me to go away... from you.

I closed Kaveh's bedroom door as I stepped closer to his bed. His body was rocking back and forth and, as I grew closer, he hid his face. I sat down on the edge of his bed, keeping my focus on his face.

"What's bothering you?" I ask. "Was it me?"

Kaveh just stopped rocking, so I took that as a yes.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I don't mean to be so... awkward, I just-... I don't know, my brain just works differently, I guess. And that's no excuse, it really isn't. I just wanted to explain myself to you-."

"You don't need to explain yourself!" Kaveh interrupted me as he lifted his face, more tears rolling down his cheeks as he held a saddening look. "You really don't... I get it. I shouldn't have spoken up, you were busy with your work for the Akademiya, it was stupid of me, really."

"But it wasn't." I corrected the blonde who thought everything was his fault. "I saw your work... it had nothing on it. I'm sure your head just wasn't thinking clearly and maybe you needed some help? I'm willing to do so if that's what you want."

"I just-... my head feels like it's spinning and it won't stop!" Kaveh grew upset as he held onto his hair at either side of his head, his eyes closed.

He was getting mad at himself and I hated seeing it.

My stomach suddenly had butterflies as I got closer to him. He was such a pretty crier... a pretty person in general.

"Maybe this will help..." I say as I place my hand on his chin, tilting his head up to mine as I placed our lips together.

I was nervous he'd reject it, but he didn't. He kissed me back gently and softly placed his hands on my shoulders, his body seeming to relax as our kiss deepened.

Did he like me back?

When we separated, our eyes connected for a long while, our gazes completely fixated on each other.

"Let me help you." I say to him as I brushed his tears away, my hand resting on his cheek.

All he did was nod his head with closed eyes as he rested his face on my hand. We eventually went back out to the living room and got his project out where I helped him with small ideas, which he amazingly turned it all into these huge possible plans. He was creative, and that's one of the many things I liked about him.

As the night grew older, Kaveh soon fell asleep on me, his head rested against my shoulder as I typed away on my laptop for my own work as a scribe. Sure, it was late, but as long as Kaveh's happy and I finish my work before heading to the Akademiya tomorrow morning, it's all worth it. This wouldn't be my first time pulling an all-nighter.