Let Me Be Yours

Anime: Haikyuu!!
Pairing: Kuroo x Kenma
Song: Sofia, Clairo
Genre: Slight Angst, Fluff
Word Count: 1.1k
Requested By: Fukubiki_Neko

Thank you for the cute request!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuroo's POV:

"Take a quick break, grab some water." Our coach announced as we finished our sets of conditioning for the night. "We'll start our practice plays; you guys should remember the teams from yesterday."

We all acknowledged our coach's statement as the whole team walked off to find water, whether it were provided from the water fountain or a water bottle. Walking to find mine, I instantly noticed Kenma who was right beside me.

I think we could do it if we tried if only to say, "You're mine."

I, casually, made a move and placed my left arm around his shoulders, but he quickly dismissed it. He had turned to walk the other way and circled around to grab his water bottle which was just beside mine. Though it did hurt, I smiled it off as I looked at him, reaching for my water bottle. What I didn't expect was for him to look up at me as well. Our eyes connected quickly and they stayed there, the blush across both of our cheeks growing the longer this went on.

Sofia, know that you and I shouldn't feel like a crime.

"Hurry it up, we don't have any time to waste!" Our coach raised his voice slightly, yet not in a bad way, but it broke Kenma and I's moment immediately.

I never realized how deeply I felt about him.

But, oh my god, I think I'm in love with you.

Both of us rushed our sip of water and ran back over to the court, getting on opposite sides of the net. The ball was served from my side and Kenma rushed into the action, staying quick on his feet. I guess his hair tie wasn't in tight enough because it had fallen out completely.

I just wanna say how I love you with your hair down.

The ball eventually came dashing back to our side of the net, but I didn't catch on until the ball was practically in my face. I was quick to take a step back and hit it, but my attempt was weak and it hit the floor even as Yaku tried to make a save.

"Kuroo, get your head in the game." Our coach firmly told me. "We have a game this weekend."

"Yeah, sorry about that." I tried to brush it off as I typically would, but my mind was wrapped around one thing.

"Kenma, can we talk later?" I asked the boy who walked next to me as we were on our way to the locker room to grab our stuff, since practice was finally over.

I only specified later because I knew we needed privacy, all of the guys around would make this uncomfortable for the both of us.

Thankfully, Kenma just nodded his head, his water bottle in his mouth.

A smile worked it's way onto my face as we separated to grab our stuff. The moment we were alone, I joined him on the bench where he was waiting and playing his video games, per usual.

"I just wanted to tell you with my own words." I did start off confidently, though I began to doubt myself. "Kenma, I think you're really cool... and I like you, but I'm sure it's obvious to both of us that we have feelings for each other. I just don't understand why you seem to push me away when it's for that reason."

"It's not you... or the fact that I like you, too." Kenma put down his game as he thought of his own words to say. "I just worry about other things."

There's things that I know could get in the way.

"Is it about what the others might think?" I asked. "But, I don't want to say goodbye to these feelings we have just because of some other people."

And I think that we could do it if we tried.

Kenma had no words, only worry and doubt.

"Look, Kenma." I sighed, looking down at my hands that rested together. "I know for a fact that I want this... us to work out, but it's up to you in the end. Just know that, even if nothing come's out of this conversation, I really do care for you... and like you. I want nothing more than to be something more than a friend to you."

I took hold of Kenma's hands as he had let go of his video game, "I know this can work if we both just give it the effort. So, will you be my boyfriend? Or better yet, let me be yours."

I smirked and the silence grew as Kenma stared down at our hands, his face slightly dusted in a pink hue. He was as pretty as ever, and just looking at him gave me butterflies.

With the slightest pout, Kenma turned his head away, muttering his response, "Fine."

I just barely heard it, but knew exactly what he said. My stomach was doing flips as I just studied his face as best as I could with it turned. He glanced back over to me, his cheeks still pink.

"Your staring is going to burn holes into me." He spoke and I chuckled in response, a bit embarrassed.

"Sorry, I just-."

"Couldn't help yourself, huh?" He continued, and it just pushed me.

"Alright, you know what?" I joked around and went reaching for his game console which he quickly snatched up before I could, yet I still tried my hand at grabbing it from him. "Hand it over! I knew too many video games would give you an attitude!"

"You sound like my mom, ya' jerk!" His smile was genuine and it only made me smile more myself.

Just as I was able to take hold of his game console, Kenma tried to rip it out of my hand, causing him to pull me over himself, accidentally. Our eyes met immediately, our faces dropping their smiles as we both just blankly stared. I couldn't help myself as my gaze moved back and forth from his eyes to his lips. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him, but I worried he wouldn't feel comfortable with it.

"Sorry, I guess you really wanted your console-."

Without much of a warning, I was cut off the moment I felt his lips on mine. He was using an elbow to prop himself up to me as his other arm wrapped around the back of my neck and holding onto his console. The arm I wasn't using, to prop myself up with, I placed around him to pull us closer. Our kiss deepened, and when we eventually separated, our eyes stayed glued to each other. Our eye contact wasn't broken as the moments passed.

I think we could do it if we tried.