6. Don't You Dare Not Kissing Me

S E C L U S I O N

• the feeling of living in void •

"That broken glass filled with my eternal plethora, glues itself with the sorrow of waiting alone."

_________________

The maple leaves that embraced amour upon their parted shreds, fell on my open palms, as I held one of them in front of the blazing sunrays and examined how warm light peeked through the tiny clefts. An wave of chilly wind blew past me, along with the crumpled petals that waltzed in glee by my side.

I took the leaf between my fingers carefully, and turned around to face the two bickering men standing beside the bicycle. It had been going on for thirty minutes straight, and seemed like none of them was wanting to stop the quarrel anytime soon, at all.

"But - but..." the first man dramatically gasped, and then let out an impatient howl, "You told me that you will invite me in your wedding, Hyung! How can you do this?"

"Jimin..." the second man narrowed his eyelashes, and rolled up his sleeves in awkwardness, "For the name of your imaginary jams, stop muttering the same thing again! I haven't got married!"

"Then why would had Mr. Han announced that in the camp, huh?" Jimin placed his hands on his hips and glared through his black sunglasses, "Do you think I am that fool? Hey listen, Hyung, I can be young but I am not dumb."

"Your sentence just perfectly stated that you are dumb," Seokjin muttered while rubbing his forehead in exasperation, "Now, please, stop with this marriage thingy -"

Let's spice up this situation a bit more.

"Huh? Why are you saying that you didn't marry me, Jin?" I piped up, smiling cutely as I turned my attention at Jimin, who was now staring at me with wide eyes,

"Oh, my, you speak now, Tani!" he clasped a hand over his mouth then leaped in the air, "See? See? I told you, Hyung - that you were fooling me!"

I pursed my lips together as high pitched giggles tried to erupt from my mouth. Seokjin whirled around, and slowly, he gazed at me, his eyes holding vast shock in them while he whispered,

"Have you lost your mind too?"

"She hasn't!" Jimin proudly walked towards my side and flung his arms around my shoulders, "Even Tani confessed! Now tell me, why did you hide it at the first time-"

Seokjin began to speak, however, got interrupted by a sudden sound of soldiers marching on the ground behind him. I peeked in front of me, to see a huge trope of militants with green, pointy caps and boots gathering around their general, gaze reflecting utter fondness at the sight of us.

"General Kim!" one of the soldiers who could be the unannounced leader of the group, saluted Seokjin merrily and bowed down, "Congratulations on your wedding! We really hope that the rest of your life goes smoothly, you get one hundred kids and -"

"You all - oh my! Stop it!" Seokjin tried to explain through his gaping mouth, only to invite some unwanted flies that had started to whirl around his face, "No, you dirty insects not now - hey, I am not married! Soldiers, go back to your work!"

"He is kidding!" I smiled with my white teeth full on display, and hit Seokjin's arms to tease him more, "We are married since childhood, but couldn't announce it before because you know...he was busy and so I was, too - well now, it's completely official! Won't you bless us?"

"We will bless you, Mrs. Kim!" the trope cheered and paid no attention to the wild Seokjin, who was half screaming "No, no! Listen to me first!" and was getting rejected again and again. By no time, my hands were full in colorful daisies, white lilies, red roses and pink chrysanthemums; with lots of heart touching wishes which the soldiers prayed for us to come true. After that, they dragged Jimin to go with them, leaving both of us standing on the field and trying to understand what we just went through.

"This is so fun..." I lowered my voice and talked to my own self, "If it's already this much intriguing, then what will happen when we actually get married?"

"You will be experiencing a lot more crazy things so that you won't be able to walk properly for a good, one week, at least."

I widened my eyes at the remark which came from my back. By the time I had turned around, there was a glaring Seokjin in front of me, his hands crossed over his chest and eyes narrowed at such a lower point that I strongly doubted whether it could get disappeared under his eyeballs. Tugging my lips upwards awkwardly, I blabbed a little,

"Yer..."

"What was that for?" he huffed and walked nearer to me, to that I automatically coughed and retreated, "Are you that excited to get married, Tani?"

"I mean, who won't?" I took out the maple leaf from my sweater in defence and waved it in front of his face, "It's about an wedding with the most tough and clumsy general of this camp so -"

"So?" he deadpanned, and I coughed again,

"So...I had to get the situation a bit funny, right? You can't always act like a cold person in front of everyone because you aren't like one!"

"Clever idea but no." Seokjin looked behind me for a second then flicked on my forehead in amusement, as I let out and yelp, "Ouch!"

"Maybe you should stop acting so crazy at this moment?" he smirked and fixed his sunglasses, much to my bewilderment, "Look who is standing there."

"Who -" I massaged on the skin where he had just flicked his fingers and stood around, only to find my breaths getting stuck inside my throat and mutter in shock, "Fa - father!?"

_______________