12. Let's Live Inside Our Barbie World

Cologne

• pleasant scent or perfume •

"Sheets deranged, skin purple, breaths unsteady and hair tangled, the Eden had smiled before turning crumbled."

___________

"Ouch..." I groaned and tried to sit up, but only felt my back hurting like a total crazy and maybe similar to those hundred years aged old people. Seokjin's eyes resembled to those huge round plates I always washed after eating dinner. He was such a gentleman that in my this messy state, he didn't even bother to lend me his precious hand.

"Shouldn't you at least help me to get up?" I crunched my nose, disappointed by the lack of hospitality. Seokjin threw an intense glare at my direction, eyebrows knitted together so perfectly that I almost chocked.

"Get up by yourself!" he huffed and stepped further away from me. I sighed to myself and got to my feet, rubbing my back to ease the pain. I couldn't dare to look at his face.

"How. Did. You. Get. Here?" he stated clearly. I coughed a bit, then pointed at the tin shed without any hesitation,

"Seonhee helped me. Jimin too!"

"What the actual fu - sorry - funta? Are you kidding me, Tani?" he bellowed and I cowered, "I bid you a lovely goodbye and now you do this? Why did you even come here?"

If I tell him the real reason he may faint here. Which won't be a very good sight.

"I... ah, I -" I started to talk but got interrupted as he suddenly took my left hand between his, practically dragging me towards the shed. I tensed up, eyes stuck on the female general who was staring at me in disgust.

Her look clearly said, "Girl, you can't even do anything right."

"Seonhee, what is this!?" Seokjin confronted her with a mad expression, showing our interlocked hands, "How can you listen to a kid like Tani and take her in the camp just like that?"

Seonhee took off her sunglasses, tugging them inside her belt and sweeping the hair away from her face, "Well..."

"Why is she here? No shilly shally straight answer me." Seokjin demanded. I widened my eyes and shook my head at the female general who stared at me amusingly. Nodding and throwing me into fit, Seonhee drawled,

"Why don't you ask your wife that?"

I blinked rapidly at her statement. Right at the moment, Seokjin hiccupped and let go of my hands, standing approximately two feet away from me. His eyelashes wavered and cheeks fumed red.

WAIT, IS HE - STARTLED?

"Can - can you stop saying that?" he lowered his tone but immediately raised it again after regaining his posture, "Yah! Answer me first, Seonhee!"

We will completely ignore the fact that he didn't reject me as his wife. Wow. Wang So?

"Okay, fine then." Seonhee smiled like a total idiot and winked at me, "So she wanted to -"

"Mission abort mission abort!" I shook my head and clasped her mouth, stopping herself from saying furthermore, "I just came here to - came here to -"

"Came here to?" Seokjin repeated, gaze stuck at a mouth shut Seonhee and me bickering. Not being able to come with any other idea, I blabbed,

"A - assignments! I came here to complete my assignments! You know what, in the latest one they wanted a - a paragraph on 'A military camp'. So - so for some real life inspirations, I asked Seonhee and Jimin to help me. Tadah!"

I am so stupid. I know.

Seokjin seemed to be stunned by my awesome lie he maybe didn't catch.

"Assignments? Don't tell me you have failed in your exams and still read in school? The last time I checked, you were in college."

"Doesn't a college give assignments? Of course, they do!" I chirped and knocked Seonhee to chant along with me. She threw me a dirty look and forcefully smiled, "Yeah, yeah, right."

Seokjin tilted his head and tugged his lips upwards. Swiftly, he took the walkie talkie from his side pocket, humming under his breath as he dialed. Seonhee and I clasped each others' hands, sweat forming on our foreheads.

"Assignments, huh?" he was amazed, really amazed, "Let's see about it. Yes, it's ringing...hello, Jimin?"

Oh shit. Oh no.

"Yes, Hyung?" the male at the other side spoke and I could swear that I felt the tension in his voice, too. Seokjin grinned from ear to ear and said to him,

"Meet me at the field. Now."

"Oops." Seonhee muttered under her breath, cursing in alien languages I couldn't decipher. Without waiting for an answer, Seokjin ended the call and smiled at us.

"Follow me, ladies!"

He took the sunglasses hanging on his shirt and threw them over his eyes, fishing out a toothpick from his pocket and putting it between his plump lips. He adjusted his sleeves and started to walk while I gaped at his shift of mood.

"What are you waiting for? Come!" Seonhee sighed and began to drag me with her, but I still couldn't get over the devilish act of my future husband, "Now you will see what he exactly does in field. We are doomed."

"Doom at your service is an awesome drama, don't be pathetic." I sighed and followed her suit, "I am sure it's not that bad."

________________

Turned out to be, I was totally wrong.

"You know the rule. Run on the sand five times without any loops. You should be done in ten minutes. No argument." Seokjin spoke as a matter of fact and pointed at the two generals standing beside me, Jimin and Seonhee, "Your time starts from...now."

"I told you, I told you!" Jimin half cried and started for the main point, with Seonhee cursing at him behind. I let out a hoarse sigh, relieved by the fact that Seokjin didn't make me do the same thing. Of course he loved me so much -

"And you..." Seokjin addressed me as I automatically took my words back, "You - will get heavier
punishment."

Wait, what -

I gulped at his statement, eyes bulging out from their sockets. He smirked and took a chair from his right, sitting on it and inspecting the large area full in soldiers and staffs. Scanning my figure from head to toe, he threw his right leg over his left one and twirled the toothpick between his lips once again,

"Stand up and down while holding your ears for one hundred times."

I was literally frozen at his order.

"What?" I yelled and stomped my right foot on the ground, immediately wincing from the pain but decided to shake it off, "While holding my ears? How can you -"

"One unconventional word, five more time added." he cut me off and smiled innocently, "Now its one hundred and five times."

"You -"

"One hundred and ten."

"Seokjin -"

"One hundred and fifteen."

I gave up and looked at him with a painful expression. He was enjoying everything, a lot. His pouted lips and the dips on his cheeks showed it perfectly. But the sad thing was, it almost made me grab his collar and -

"Get back to the reality, Miss Tani." he flicked his fingers and broke my trance, "Your time starts from now."

Glancing sideways and flaring my nose, I gingerly held my ears with both of my hands.

I can't believe I love this shithead.

_______________