Space Walker

"Violet, stop running!" Finn shouted, following after her.

"You said you weren't going to leave me! You told me, I had you. You left me when I got stuck in Mount Weather, and you're leaving me again!" She threw her arms in the air, turning to face him as she stopped moving away from him.

"Violet, that's not what's happening!"
"Yes, it is! Everyone I love goes at one point or another!"

"Violet, I don't have another choice, they'll kill you and everyone else if I don't get out of here."

"So, let me come with you!"

"Violet, you know I can't do that." Finn sighed, "I promise, every Sunday night I will meet you at the river, and we can swim, okay?"

"Todays Sunday."

"Okay, when the moon hits the top of the treeline, come find me, and we'll head to the river and talk, okay?"

"You have to pinky swear, okay?" She held her right pinky up, as Finn connected his. "Pinky swear, cross my heart and hope to die if I break it." He smiled.
"Okay." She smiled, hugging him.

"Do you mean it?"
"Mean what?" She asked.

"That you love me?"

She nodded, clearing her throat, "you're like my second dad. You're there when I need you."
"I wasn't there for Mount Weather." His voice quieted down.
"But you were here, waiting and looking for me. You'll be here taking me to the river later!"

He exhaled, squeezing her in the hug before letting go, "Me and you forever."
Violet nodded, wiping a tear from her cheek as he cleared his throat, patting her shoulder.
"Go find Bellamy, I heard he wants to take you hunting."

"Promise me you'll be ready to go to the river?" She began walking past Finn, turning to face him as he did the same and walked backwards.
"Pinky promise!" He held his pinky up, smiling as he headed towards the woods, Violet heading back towards Camp.

She wasn't far from camp at all, it was barely a five minute walk back.

"Violet, the camps on lockdown. Nobody goes in or out, you know that!" Kane scolded her, seeing her come back from the woods.

"Hey! Have you seen Bellamy?" She brushed off Kane's comment.
"He's out dealing with the mess, where were you?"
"Where'd they go? Bellamy's supposed to take me hunting."
"Nobody's allowed to leave, Violet."
She sighed, walking around the yard looking for people she knew.
The majority of people were inside on lockdown, preparing to leave, while the guards were on high alert, some of them having shot a few squirrels as they shot at the first little movement they saw. 

Violet walked through one of the hallways, towards the makeshift bunker rooms, she had been sleeping in with much of the other 100.
She had the smallest 'sleeping bag' made up of old fabric scraps & a small pillow sew together.

She laid down, sticking her hand under her pillow as she pulled out a dusty old book, and flipped to the first page, staring at it with a curious expression before sighing, "Yup, still can't read!"

She shoved the book back under the pillow, staring at the ceiling as she chased after memories in her head.

She remembered being able to write her name and spell words like, "Cat," and "Dog" when she was around 3. It looked like chicken scratch of course, but it was better than her not remembering how to do either anymore.
Her mom used to walk into their small shared space, and sing and dance to get Violet in the mood.

"V-I-O-L-E-T! VVVVVVVIIIIOLET! Mi corazon."

Often enough her mom would dance around, doing the moon walk, which cracked Violet up, as her mom was closer to the moon than Michael Jackson ever was.
Her mom used to sing, "Billie Jean" on repeat for hours while cleaning up the small room.
Their room had a small grey metal table in the middle, a very small bookshelf made of scrap metal that was sanded down and painted a grey-blue, a gift to Violet from her third birthday.
There were two bunk beds attached to the wall, the bottom one was most decorated, grey and green, a thin white comforter covered in marker stains from Violet's arts and crafts, and a cream colored bunny, stained grey after years of love.

Her mom had sewn up the bunny for her, from scrap pieces of soft fabrics. She worked as a seamstress, making clothes for all the ark stations, making repairs on the space suits for external repairs, and just sewing up old clothes. Every piece of clothing on the ark was a hand-me-down from hundreds of people, reused and sewn up for more purpose.

Violet had no clue what her mom was floated for, but she knew what her father did.

He wasn't a great dad, but he was around.
He was drunk often, he wasn't a mean drunk but a goofy one who talked too loudly.
When she was three, her dad got drunk, broke into the medical center and stole fever reducing medications for a flu Violet had been struggling to fight off.
It made its way around the Ark quickly, too, hitting Violet like a truck- stuck in bed with no appetite and no energy for a week.

Chancellor Jaha and the Council found out he had stolen the medications and put him in Sky Box till his trial.

He never made it to trial.

A gunshot echoed, bringing Violet out of her thoughts as she sat up, now being aware of the loud yelling and protesting outside.
She walked back outside, looking around at the insane crowd of people, yelling and protesting.
There were torches lit up in the distance again, just as the moon hit the top of the tree line.
Grounders.

"What's going on?" Violet spoke up, walking up to the first person she saw.

"They're gonna kill space walker."