1.

..."lights shined and she smiled"..~

--

"Byul-ie? Get up. It's time for school." Byul-ah's mother said gently as she took her hand in hers.

Byul-ah opened her eyes almost immediately.

Her mother smiled at her excited daughter but soon her smile faded as she asked a question that Byul-ah had heard a thousand times "But..Are you sure?"

Byul-ah gently smiled and sat up, tightening her grip on her dear mother's hand and nodded "I'll be fine." She said

Her mom nodded in the same gentle manner as always and tucked a strand of Byul-ah's hair behind her ear "Okay then. Your uniform is in the closet, okay?"

"Mm." Byul-ah got up with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

--

"I'll be leaving, eomma." Byul-ah looked up at her mother with reassurance.

"You look so pretty in a uniform, my daughter. I wonder when you got so big." Her mother chuckled with love

Byul-ah gave her mother one last smile and went her way.

--

A distant voice was heard, telling the students to quiet down.

"Ah, that must be the homeroom teacher." Byul-ah said to herself and looked up at the classroom board with a small smile.

"CLASS 1-3"

Byul-ah heard the teacher say that there was going to be a new student.

That was her que to go in.

She grabbed the handle of the classroom door as she got ready for a new beginning with a twinkling grin.

She walked in. For a moment, all she could hear was silence and her racing heart.

She stopped and her eyes looked around the room, searching.
As her eyes locked in on someone, they widened and she was sure that the whole class could hear her heart beat.

"Intro.."

'Is someone saying something?' she thought to herself as her eyes stayed in one spot

A tap on her shoulder...

"Huh?"

She looked away.

"I said introduce yourself." The teacher said roughly, a little confused.

"Ah, yes, I apologise." She looked up once again with her unwavering smile, "hi, I'm Park Byul-ah."

The rough looking homeroom teacher looked at her "Is that it? Well...alright then" He cleared his throat "does anyone have questions for the new student?"

No one raised their hand.

"Gosh, these bastards.." the homeroom teacher muttered to himself and cleared his throat once again.

"Go and sit. There's probably an empty seat somewhere."

Byul-ah bowed to the teacher and went on her way towards the empty seat by the window.

The daylight shined on the empty bench as she sat down.

She looked out the window, a small smile played out on her features and she got ready for a new start.

--

"this period is self study." The class president announced and sat down on his seat.

Just when Byul-ah was about to open her book, "Hi!" A girl smiled at her as she came up to Byul-ah's desk.

Byul-ah looked at her with a smile of her own "Hi."

"Can I ask you a question?" The girl said with a tilt of head and Byul-ah soon noticed how severel more students had surrounded her seat.

"Mm." Byul-ah simply nodded her head with an elegant smile

"I heard you were home-schooled? And this is your first time in an actual school? Is that rumor true? I mean since it's rare.." The students surrounding her desk looked at her with curious eyes

Byul-ah was silent for a moment as she drowned in curious looks "Ah, yes." She said with a nod of her head

'Oh, really?' 'That's interesting' 'I thought it was just a rumor' The students chimed in with questions and thoughts of their own

A small chuckle left Byul-ah lips "There's a lot of rumors about me already?"

"Well, yeah, since it's not that common here also," The girl whispered the last part "You're quite pretty so you're talk of the school already."

Byul-ah looked at her now fellow classmates with a surprised look "Oh..me?"