2.

.."His laugh was enchanting."..~

--

"Guys, It's time for P.E. Change your uniform and come out." The class president announced, standing in front of the podium with a paper in hand "And Park Byul-ah, the teacher told me to ask you whether you were feeling good enough to go?"

Byul-ah looked up in surprise "Oh..." She avoided looking around, afraid of drowning in the indescribable looks "Can I sit out?" A slight smile covered her features as she asked the question.

"Okay then." The class president casually said and continued "And Ill Ji-hoon! You better not cause any trouble today, got it?" The class president scolded with a point of his finger.

"Okay, okay, prez. I apologise."

Byul-ah's fists that were clenching the hem of her skirt in discomfort, loosened up immediately upon hearing the voice.

She looked up, at the bright and mischievously beautiful smile and her heart skipped a beat.

The murmurs that left the other students mouth as they left for P.E sounded like music and the sunrays that peaked through the windows seemed like a glow that shined on his face.

Her thoughts were interrupted when their eyes suddenly locked. Byul-ah's first instinct was to look away, her hair falling over her face and covering it.

"Ill Ji-hoon! Let's go! The teacher's calling you." Someone called out.

"Got it." Ji-hoon replied and climbed down from the desk he was sitting on.

Byul-ah's eyes trailed back to his leaving silhouette. A twinkle in her eyes and a soft smile playing out on her face.

--

"We're leaving. Don't forget to clean up the black board, okay?"

A student said to Byul-ah and she nodded. She looked at their leaving figures and breath out a sigh of relief.

"First day." A chuckle escaped her lips and she went on to pick up the duster, performing her last duty of the day.

She started rubbing the blackboard, humming a song as she did so.

An obstacle interfered her work as she tried to reach the top of the board, tiptoeing to clean it.

"Do you need help?" A voice called out and Byul-ah's heart jumped out of her chest.

She took a moment to recollect herself and turned to look at the owner of the voice. Her eyes fluttered and butterflies roamed around in her stomach "Me?"

A chuckle escaped the boy's lips and he asked ever so playfully "Who else is here besides you?"

She looked away, trying to hide her smile "Sure." She said.

"Okay then." He said with a smile.

She looked at him once again as he took a duster, and moved closer to her side ever so casually. As if to tell her 'I'm just being nice. Don't think too much.'

"I'm Ill Ji-hoon." He introduced, the smile never leaving his features as he continued his work.

"I know." Byul-ah said with a smile of her own. She avoided looking at him, keeping her gaze fixed on the board.

"Oh, really? It's cuz I'm popular, isn't it?" He laughed, placing the duster back where it was.

"It's because the class president scolded you." She answered, mischief in her eyes.

She couldn't tell him the real reason his name wasn't unknown to her.

"Oh, right. That too." He chuckled softly, scratching the back of his neck.

The boy was about to continue his words,

"Ji-hoon ah! What are you doing here? Let's go home."

Ji-hoon turned back, a hand wrapping around his shoulder roughly "I don't wanna get scolded by your mom."

"Got it, got it." Ji-hoon looked back at the girl "Ah. Okay, bye then."

"Mm." She said with a nod of her head and a slight smile

The two boys turned and walked away, bickering on the way out.

Byul-ah was just about to turn back and pick her bag up, until a voice called out "See you tomorrow, Byul-ah!"

Ji-hoon's voice calling out her name was enough to melt her heart as she smiled brightly to herself.

What she did not know was...she had caught the interest of two boys that day.