3• School And Roommates •3

I was playing around with those AI generated image and managed to come up with those pics above. They're basically the general "image concept" that I had in mind for my characters. (Not entirely accurate but it's good enough. It's AI generated after all.)

It's easy to guess who's who after you read the chapter. Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~

After years of staying in this world peacefully, the first big hurdle in Reizhen's princely life arrived. The time he would be sent to study in the prestigious school for magic users, Majica.

"WAHHHHHHHH I DON'T WANT BIG BROTHER TO LEAVE ME!!!"

Rei silently stared at his younger brother's crying physique. He let out a soft sigh before dropping his luggage on the floor and patting the said boy's head.

"Rexi, don't cry. It's not like I'll be gone forever. Besides, you'll follow right after me in two years time."

His manly but gentle voice managed to calm the fourteen years old down slightly. Though he still couldn't believe that a teenager such as Rex would still cry over this trivial things.

It was a bit childish but he could understand why he was reacting like this.

"Make sure you eat well and rest well, okay? The lessons will probably be too easy for you but still, try to have fun alright?"

His mother reminded him for the n'th time. She was standing beside his father while patting Rexi's back to calm him. His father... well he was currently in a similar state as Rexi. Crying.

"I know, Mother. Please take care here as well. You too Father. I will miss you all."

Rei just smiled awkwardly when Rexi and his father cried even harder after he finished talking. He needed to hurry, or else the chances of them stopping him from leaving will rise exponentially.

He hurriedly approached the servants loading his things into the carriage. Checking if he forgot to pack anything.

"Ace, have you put my invitation in the luggage? What about the communication crystals? Make sure that everything else is ready for our travel. You're coming right? You can't not come. I need you there with me."

Rei was so focused on leaving as fast as possible that he didn't even noticed he was ranting. In fact, he was just subconsciously talking to his reliable butler right now as it already became a habit.

Ace's lips twitched up slightly. In the usually expressionless face of the Butler was a rare proud smile. Sadly, Rei didn't noticed this as he was busy arranging his luggage.

Rei was now sixteen years old. In Ace's eyes, an overly quiet and tiny baby was overlapping the tall teen's visage. Smiling brightly and innocently at him.

'Time sure flies by unnoticeably. My Prince grew up from a quiet tiny creature into a nagging young man.'

Ace covered his chuckle with a light cough. This caught Rei's attention, realizing that the Butler was just standing there looking at him without answering.

"Wait. Don't tell me you're actually planning on staying here. That won't do, you're coming with me Ace. You promised."

The butler just smiled and nodded. This calmed Rei down a bit. On a foreign place surrounded by strangers, it was still better to have someone you know on your side.

Someone you can trust your life with. And someone that can potentially end other's life as well.