010

each time evie would go around ashtray, due to now working at the store, the question she had thought a few days ago, circled in her mind

each conversation, she would feel herself staring at him as she tried to figure out the answer.

she didn't think it was a bad thing to have a crush on him, but she just didn't know if braylees words were making her think things, or not.

evie her stomach laid on braylees bed, her face stuffed in her pillows.

"me and ashtray don't go together." evie spoke, rolling over as braylee told her they would be a cute couple.

"yes, y'all do." braylee laughed, confused on why evie seemed to be so against the thought of having a crush on ashtray.

"we're totally different people." evie furrowed her eyebrows.

"exactly." braylee pointed, "it makes it better."

evie huffed, annoyed that she couldn't figure out her own feelings.

___________________________

evie played with her hair as she finished curling it, glancing down at her phone as she spoke.

ashtray listened to evie rant about her thought about her school dance that was in less than an hour. he moved the phone with him as he leaned back on the couch, smoke leaving his mouth as he looked down at the screen.

evie had called him airiness twenty minutes ago, which had confused him, but nonetheless he hadn't hung up.

evie spoke with her hands a lot. and had a lot of expressions that he thought was sort of entertaining.

"who you goin with?" he asked, as evie finished talking.

evie thought back to the day before, at school. seth had stopped her on her way to the bathroom, and asked if she would go with him.

"my friends, as a group." she answered.

ashtray hummed, watching as evie brushed out her eyebrows, glancing down at the screen. "unless you wanna come with me."

ashtrays face scrunched in confusion, "why would i go to a school dance?"

although evie hasn't been serious when she asked the question, she kind of did want him to go with her.

"to hangout with me?" she squinted her eyes.

"i have to hangout with yo ass almost everyday." ashtray told her.