Prologue

Divine blood is sacred. It is powerful and runs only in the veins of immortal beings who are stronger, faster and are more powerful than any mortal could ever hope to be. There are a few species that carry divine blood, even if they all belong to the same family tree; Primordials, Titans and Gods. But there is one bloodline that rules above all the rest, a bloodline that should only be challenged by those who carry the same blood in their veins.

This is a story, about how a broken promise to avoid the strength of this bloodline in yet another generation of divinities, becomes the life or death thread that is woven in the fate of Olympus.

—————

When the Creator gave rise to the world, they gave birth to four individuals, who would rule the world she created while she was gone. There was Gaia, Tartarus, Nyx and Erubus. Three of the siblings created their own bodies; Gaia created the Earth, where she and her family could walk atop the surface in harmony. Tartarus made a cavern deep beneath the surface that burned with rivers of fire, pain and misery. Nyx created a spherical border that wrapped around the earth, where she covered it with stars. But Erebus remained as he was, a force of complete darkness, that existed on the border of creation, pushing against all that was made.

Noticing their children, the Creator paid note of who did what and for what purpose. Of them all, she noticed that it was Gaia alone who made a world of peace, a world for more than just herself. As a reward, the Creator bestowed a gift upon their firstborn - the gift of Royal Blood.

By transferring the Royal Blood into Gaia's veins, the Creator surrendered their absolute right to world they had created through the children, and so, they moved on to another space, and tried again - but every so often the Creator came by to watch the progression of their favourite creation. Every time they did, something changed that would alter the course of history.

—————

The first time the Creator came back to the world, it was vastly different from before. It seemed as though Nyx and Erebus had had children of their own. The most notable being Hemera and Aether. It seemed fitting to the creator that night and dark should create day and light, so they smiled at their ever growing family.

Tartarus, it seemed, was still alone, even if he seemed content to care for the many weird and ugly creatures that caused problems for those above. The creator rejoiced, for even if it was directed somewhere unconventional, their eldest son was not a heartless being, as they knew he would have been forced to believe of himself.

Finally she looked to Gaia, who had had many children. There was now a sky, an invisible barrier that separated the earth from Nyx and beyond. He called himself Ouranos, and he ruled over all of existence. The Creator frowned realising that this must be Gaia's firstborn, she could feel the pulse of his blood, and knew that it was he who was the patriarch of the Royal Blood. Looking past him, the Creator saw mountains that rose from their daughters body, there were many of them dotted across the sphere of dirt and stone. After those came Pontus, who was the sea, a vast expanse of blue that gave rise to rivers, lakes and streams.

The creator had seen all the changes that had occurred in the world and the personalities that had created them, however, they knew that their family was still not complete. The pull of Royal Blood had them continue to search the world, until they found the Titans.

—————

The Titans were a new race of divine beings that radiated power unlike their predecessors. These beings were not an embodiment of nature, rather each of them represented a part of reality. There were twelve of them in total. Six boys and six girls.

Oceanus, the oldest child represented the oceans; the Creator thought it interesting how he and Pontus may have interacted with each other. There was his wife, Tethys, who represented freshwater, a match if ever there was one in the mind of the Creator. She was the third sister.