Chapter 2

"Dude, you smell like smoke and alcohol, what da fu.ck you been doin?" Rodney's worried voice slammed me back into reality as he hugged me briefly. "Nothin, why the hell do you care?" I mumbled, avoiding his eyes. "I care because you're my best friend! Now sit down. Your arm is bleeding." He almost yelled at me. I did as I was told and he started wrapping my arm.

It had been three days since I decided to drop out, I had picked up drinking like Rodney had. I stayed home and played his Xbox most of the day and slept a lot.
"Bro, I have to go.. but I'll be back okay? Please stay safe!" Rodney stared at me, extra worried. I shrugged, "safe?" He sighed and stood up, "yes! Safe!"
After he left, I got up, walked outside, and started running. I used to like running, so why wouldn't I like it now? Well, I learned I was out of shape and after thirty seconds, running seemed like death. I pulled out my phone, plugged in my headphones and started to blast some heavy metal into my ears, surprising I didn't go deaf. Walking down the street with my hands in my pockets, I sigh.

"Shane?" A half surprised female voice called just barely over the music in my headphones. I pretended not to hear, until someone ripped my headphones off so they were around my neck. "What?!" I practically shouted, jumping up and twisting around to see who it was. "Shane, It's Jenna." The girl muttered. She was faintly familiar and her eyes made my mind spin.
"I'm sorry, who?"
"You know me!!"
"Doesn't ring a bell, Jenna"
She reached out and grasped my hand, lead me around the beach so we could stand facing each other and hugged me, "Jenna, the girl who told you it was okay to like guys."

Then it clicked for me. I used to know Jenna so well that she was the one I came out to as bisexual. She helped me through bad times. She was always there for me. And most of all, we shared a, my first, kiss.

"Jenna!!" I practically squealed as I hugged her tightly. She laughed and squeezed me, "you've always had shitty memory." My face flushed pink and I rested my chin on her shoulder, "I know.."
"Hey!" Ashton's voice sounded behind me and I jumped away from Jenna, spinning around, my stomach twisting. Jenna reached for my hand again and whispered, "He still bugs you?" I tried to nod, I really did, but I couldn't move. Ash strode towards us, over confidently at that, and was smirking, "oh you got ya bitch with you today?" Jenna squeezes my hand, "I'm not a bitch, thank you very much. I'm much worse than that-" Ashton stopped in front of us, "you ass" she growled and kicked his shin. He laughed, "tryin'a be tough, baby doll?" Ash snorted and I, surprisingly, slapped him as hard as I could. The rest is blurry. I remember Jenna screaming.
--
I woke up and everything was blurry, I heard beeping. "Shane?!" A panicky male voice called. It seemed to echo. "Ash knocked you out and broke your arm!" It was Rodney, "B-Bro I'm so so sooo sorry I wasn't th-" Jenna interrupted him, "darling, calm down he'll be fine, I assume your his new boyfriend?" Silence followed and my head throbbed with pain. I couldn't catch the last few words as I blacked out.