Chapter 3

Daydream POV

As I lay in my bed, I was reading a book titled "The Crow Who Fell Inlove with Death". It's about Lady Death and the Crow who fell inlove despite their differences, and of course there can't be a love story without some pain. As the God of the End and Smiles found their love, he banished the crow from visiting Lady Death which devastated the crow, but nonetheless agreed.

Lady death was beyond furious about the God, she demanded the other to unban her lover or she'll abandoned her duties and let the souls wonder on Earth without rest.

This went on for days until the God reluctantly agreed but under one condition. The crow must serve Lady Death by leading the post souls to her. The crow agreed and the God left them alone. Atlas, the crow and lady death was reunited once again.

I always admire their love story, but I sometimes wonder if they ever existed. Who am I kidding? Of course their not real, after all, it's just a myth.

"Daydream, could you please come down stairs?"

Ah, mother's calling me. I closed my book and putting it down on my bedside table before getting up and leaving my room.

As I stepped into the kitchen, the air felt heavy with tension. My parents sat at the table, their faces drawn into stern lines, eyes fixed on me. A shiver ran down my spine as I sensed their seriousness, like I walking into a trap with no escape.

"Mother, Father. What do you need me for?" I managed to say, trying to steady my voice despite the growing unease knotting my stomach.

"It's time we tell you, daydream" Mother's voice cut through the silence, chilling the air. My heart skipped a beat as she spoke those words, leaving me on the edge.

Tell me? Tell me what?

My mind raced with apprehension, fingers fidgeting with an unseen worry.

"What is it, Mother?" I asked, my own voice sounding small in the suffocating room, my anxiety palpable.

Somehow I feel uneasy and scared on what they're going to tell me.....

Mother's voice carried an unusual weight as she spoke, "Daydream, tonight holds a significant purpose for our family. You will be involved. Be prepared"

Involved? What could she possibly mean by that?

There's an unsettling aura around her words. I turned to look at my father, hoping for some reassurance or explaination in his eyes, but his face remained stoic.

A quiet tension lingered in the air, mirroring the unease knotting in my stomach, "Involved? What do you mean, Mother? Is something wrong?"

"It's a tradition that stretches far beyond our understanding, a ceremony our ancestors held within great reverence. It will be... Different than any traditions"

Different?

The word hangs in the air, heavy with uncertainty.

Why can't they be more straightforward?

My gaze flickered towards my father once more, searching for any hint of explaination. His silence only fueled the sense of foreboding.