𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

|| ▷ ↺
1:21━━━●──────3:22
"𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘺? 𝘋𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘺. 𝘋𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦. '𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘺..."
- 𝘏𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘦., 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘵 (𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭.𝘐.𝘢𝘮)

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

‧₊˚🍊༉‧₊˚.

March 11, 2021📍Sahkir, Bahrain Bahrain International Circuit

March 11, 2021
📍Sahkir, Bahrain
Bahrain International Circuit

A dream was just that. A dream. It had no need to be brought to life, no need to satisfy the dreamer's pleasure. But to turn a dream into reality, that was a want. The most vivid of dreamers would most certainly attain to that.

One of the most vivid dreamers of all, Almira Ayres, had managed to turn her lifelong dream and passion into a reality. All those years she spent watching her father race, rewatching her grandfather win championships, all those tears she cried, and all those championships she herself won, had all led to this moment.

She was one of the few— the lucky one, they would say, not the exception, because she had worked too hard to just become the exception.

The announcement had come in August of the previous year, making pandemonium break out amongst the world of Motorsport. Since it was obvious that she was a woman, there was no place for her in a sport, much less in the pinnacle of racing. Regardless of the countless arguments that broke out within the community and others, the truth was clearer than oxygen itself. Almira Ayres would race for Alfa Romeo in the 2021 Formula 1 Season, signaling her debut into the sport.

Like any other person forced into the spotlight facing countless threats and ignorant comments from others, she tried to ignore the feelings that constantly bubbled in her stomach.

Not once did she doubt her ability to get to where she was, but she did doubt the path she took to get there. Would she have been given the same option, had she not been the granddaughter of Antonelli Ayres? Would she be as successful, or would she have been forced to face more controversy? More thinly disguised misogyny?

She shook her head. There was no place for self doubt or 'what if's' scenarios in her mind. Restless nights she would lay awake, wondering what could've happened differently. Butterfly effect syndrome, her brother had once diagnosed. Thinking that the smallest changes in attitude, in people, would have a drastic effect on who she was or where she was.