Everlasting

"Ah! You're awake!!"

Mizuki groaned, sitting up from her sleeping position. She looked around but her mind was still blurry at the moment. She looked to her left and saw a beautiful lady with pink and green gradient hair that's tied into triple braids. The woman beside her was wearing a what seems like a revealing uniform... a white short haori and a sword on her hips.

"Pretty!" The lady beamed at Mizuki who blushed a little at the compliment. "You're so cute! Your name is Hana Mizuki right? I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, tsugoku of the flame hashira, you can just call me Mitsuri!"

Mizuki stared for a moment then smiled widely at the energetic and lovely woman. "Nice to meet you, Mitsuri!" She greeted. "Where's the guy with fire hair..?" She innocently asked.

Pfft

Mizuki looked at Mitsuri who was trying to keep herself from laughing. Mizuki tilted her head in confusion.

"I see you're awake, young one!" The same bombastic voice said, who Mizuki got used to, belonged to none other than Rengoku Kyojuro.

Mizuki beamed and stood up abruptly. Stumbling along the way, she ran up to hug Kyojuro. "Rengoku!"

Kyojuro laughed and returned the young one's hug, though he was surprised by the force of impact, he was happy because the girl did not hold any hatred on him for not being able to save her parents.

The next few ours, they spent the time to explain everything to the little girl. Mizuki had believed that the man she punched in the gut was a normal guy with an intent to kill her parents. The wound that that monster caused her disappeared as if it was never even there in the first place and that baffled her. She didn't feel any pain at all when that demon of a guy scratched her, mostly because of the adrenaline rush.

She tried to explain how the demon looked like but she could only remember his blood stricken red eyes and his suit. Her mind felt fuzzy at trying to think of the demon's appearance. Red eyes are pretty common to demons, some can even shape shift to blend in with humans.

Mizuki also learned that demons cannot go out at day for they will turn into dust when a touch of the sun's ray manage to get them. She also learned all about the demon slayer corps, having Mitsuri explain everything to her since Kyojuro has to do a commission the higher up commanded him to do.

It took at least 6 hours of explaining and it was now noon. After they explained everything to the little girl, Mizuki didn't waste the time to tell them the words that shocked them most.

"I want to train and become a demon slayer."

Mizuki decided to explore the Flame Hashira's estate, being to the garden, the rooms, and more. She was amazed at how big the place was.

She's also met a lot of Kakushis mending at the place, cleaning around and serving them. She can't help but hear some of them talk about her and that made the little girl feel insecure about her looks yet again.

"Mizuki, are you okay?" Mitsuri, who decided to accompany her so she wont get lost, asked in concern. She didn't know the little girl's story, afraid that if she asked, some bad memories will flood the 7 year old girl's mind and she didn't want that.

She found it cute that a girl below the age of 10, can act so calmly after what happened to what used to be her home. She admires the little girl's pure spirit. Most people would've never stopped bawlling their eyes out after seeing such devastating and traumatic scene, one that her parents were the main and only people who were involved.

Mitsuri was very happy that Kyojuro has entrusted Mizuki for her to train. She was happy that Kyojuro has found potential in her to help the little girl become stronger for good.