Anticipation

"Haa..."

Mizuki swiped the sweat on her forehead with a sigh. She has turned 11 now, and a lot has happened.

First, her body started to develop at such a very young age. Second, her hair got longer as it now reaches her waist. Third, she's met a lot of people, mostly the Hashira's, including the master of the demon slayer corps. Fourth, she hasn't been feeling insecure about her hair and appearance lately, after seeing a lot of people in the corps also have white hair. She felt confident.

Tengen has also shown her that beauty is not one to be ashamed of. He had shown her that it's okay to be different than other people. There will come a day when everyone will eventually accept you and understand you. His wives, for example, accepted him as he is and loved him endlessly.

Last, but not least, Mizuki got a lot stronger than she was before, but with her strength increasing, her appetite also increased drastically.

She sighed, feeling tired. Other than training, she's done nothing but eat and sleep. She knows it's not ethical to always sleep for she is now a lady, but she can't control it. Sleep always manage to eat her whole and sometimes, she would just straight up pass out on the ground while training. The passing out at random times is coming to a stop though, so she's not worried about passing out at random times anymore.

She stood there on the cold hard floor at the back of the Love Estate, panting with a whip-like sword in her [dominant hand]. She then walked away, not sheathing it, and walked to the nearest tree she could reach.

She raised her hand that has her training sword in it and leaped in the air.
"Love breathing. Third Form: Catlove Shower!" As she was rapidly falling, she quickly used her strength to slice the tree in multiple slashes.

She got on the ground whipping her sword with her eyes closed. But once she opened them... "Kyahhhh!!! The trees! Kanroji-sama!!!!"

Mizuki sweat-dropped at the Kakushi who ran away in fear, successfully dropping what looks like food and drinks for Mizuki.

Everything feels like it's in slow motion when Mizuki attempted to reach the tray of food and drink without it spilling anything yet.

But...

She didn't get there fast enough.

As the food dropped on the floor in slow motion, so does Mizuki's mood. She stood there for a minute, rethinking her life choices. She walked near the tray with the scattered food in it. She then crouched down and picked up the tray and all the scattered food. Even tho she desperately wants to eat it. She knew it wouldn't be healthy as it was already lying on the ground and too dirty to eat. Maybe she could give this to a dog, but no- it has chocolate on it. The cat would die...

Maybe she could give this to Shinobu? Butterflies like chocolates right?

In the end, she decided to throw it away and eat inside the estate with the same Hashira serving her nervously with shaky hands.

"Mitsuri, don't you think... I'm ready for the final selection?" Mizuki shyly asked the older girl who was munching in front of her.

"I mean... I don't doubt your strength and all your practices aren't worth it at all, Mizuki. But... you're not quite ready yet. I'm sorry." Mitsuri slowly told her with a small frown on her face.

Mizuki stared at her food for a moment as she too, stopped eating. "It's okay, Mitsuri! I'm going to train more and when I'm ready, I'll face all the demons with my superhuman strength!" The 11-year-old girl giggled.