Just right

"Are you ready?"

As always, Yejun is in front of my house waiting for me.

"Uhum" I nodded.

"Why are you so down?"

"No no, I just had a lot on my mind"

"What could make princess think so hard? OH! Did you fail Math again?"

"Huh! I'm not that bad! You know that Bamby is helping me with Math right? I got 10+ scores because of it!"

"Ay, 40+10 is only 50......Ouch! Ok ok I'm kidding hahaha"

I pushed him the whole way to protest his teasing.

Well, I can't sleep because I kept thinking about what Eunho said, from what I can see, Noah is almost flawless, what could make me cry because of him? It's like a riddle that I can't solve! Maybe I should just ask him myself. Maybe there's a misunderstanding between Noah and Eunho.

"Yes it must be it"

"What is it?" asked Yejunie because I accidentally said my thoughts aloud.

"Um don't worry about it, I was just talking to myself"

I run forward and left him behind. I'm almost late because I can't sleep, now I have to run and get to my seat. My seat is perfect, in front of me is Noah, and beside me is Yejun. The only awful thing is Eunho sits behind me, and he's the culprit that made me sleepless.

I went to the infirmary instead of eating my lunch because I get too sleepy. I told the teacher I stayed up all night to learn Math, it's not entirely wrong and it's effective too. I fell asleep right after I hit the bed. I slept for around 30 minutes and went back to class. The class started already so the hallways are so empty. But I could see someone's back clearly, it's Noah's. I can't shout his name because I can't disturb classes. So I'm planning to walk until I'm near to greet him, but after a while, I saw someone without a uniform talking beside him, it was a girl I never saw before. They seem close. I wonder who it is.

After walking for another step, I could hear the girl said Oppa. Wow. Even I can't call him that. I'm a bit jealous, maybe it's too childish but I really want to know who is that person.

"Noah!"

I called him out, and he turned around looking a bit surprised and waved at me. They walk farther and I saw my teacher looking at me through the window, so I give up chasing after them and went to my class instead.

----------

Three days went by, and the rain is still pouring. I couldn't ask Noah who that was the whole time, it's because he got busy with the school festival. I'm planning to meet him on the weekend and I can ask him then.

"Yejunie, I'm getting bored now"

"Aw the baby is bored, here a candy"

He gave me candy instead of accompanying me.....Well, yeah I love this flavor. A strawberry lollipop is the best. Currently, I'm inside of class looking at my friends who are busy preparing for the school festival, my class is planning to make a haunted house. I wonder who suggested it, but my class doesn't know that Yejunie can't take ghosts. He would tremble and get super shocked even from a small touch or sound. But I can see him trying his best to hold it in.

I'm the one managing our budget so I don't have to do anything related to the preparations itself. Our main Ghost is Hamin, because of how tall he is, it'll be easy to make different kinds of scary ghosts. One of my friends loved cosplay, so she has all of the items to change Hamin into one of the scariest Ghosts there is. I can't wait to see it.

The silly boys in my class are trying out different kinds of wigs, Bamby with short bob black hair, Hamin with long black hair, and even Noah was asked to try the long black hair...strangely, it suits him perfectly.

"Bonggu-ya, you should cut your hair like that, Maltese with bob hair hahaha"

Eunho is teasing Bamby so loud that people are looking at them while laughing. The atmosphere is nice. I wonder why Eunho always made a scary look whenever he saw me, but was always happy around other people, even with Noah. Now I think about what Eunho said, and the girl that I saw back then, is it related?

There are only the girls left in our class, five of us are gossiping when suddenly someone said,

"Have you heard guys? Our vice president called his girlfriend to sing at our Festival"

We are all shocked by it.

"Yeah I heard that a few days ago there's a beauty checking out our gym, people said it's the Vice President's girlfriend"

So...they aren't talking about me, but that girl.

"I thought the school would bring another indie band, it's a singer now?"

"Yeah, they said she is a new singer debuting next year, so to cut budget the vice president recommended her to perform here for experience"

"Wow, no wonder. Noah hits 2 birds with 1 stone, actually no, 3 birds"

"What?"

"Less budget for school, giving Experience to the girlfriend, and lastly being lovey-dovey at the school festival hehe"

"hahaha silly"

My face grew solemn, I don't like this. I want to tell them they were wrong, he's actually with me. But...why he never mentioned this to me. I want to talk to him. I rushed out of the room and went to the gym. I remember Yejunie said they'll be at the gym preparing for the stage. 

I could see Noah talking to the staff, and Yejunie waved at me. I went to Yejun's side, and with my head on his shoulder, I said.

"I heard we will have a singer perform at our school this year?"

"How did you know? Wow they spoiled everything"

"Hmm, is she pretty?"

"The singer? Of course! She looked just like Noah, pretty"

"Ah.."

"What's wrong? I have to go now, can you stay here for a while? I will bring you drinks"

I nodded and sit exactly where I stand. So even Yejun said she's pretty. Well yeah, she is. But like Noah? Does he think Noah looks good together with her? My mind runs wild. It's a bit disappointing to hear all of this.

I felt cold on my face and I saw that it was a bottle of water, but instead of Yejunie, it was Noah who brings the bottle. I saw him and I couldn't hold back my tears. So I instantly hide my face. Maybe I look silly, so Noah laughed.

"What are you doing? Haha don't hide your face"

"No...."

"Hm? Are you crying?"

Suddenly I felt his hand on my left arm, he nudged me to follow him. We arrived at the audio room, there was no one there because Noah told them to leave us for a while. I'm so embarrassed but I feel like I can't hide my feelings anymore.

"Hmm, tell me, what's wrong?"

"I...I heard rumors"

"of?"

"You"

"Me?"

"Uhum"

"Can you tell me more about it?"

"They said you brought your girlfriend to sing here at our school, at first I thought it was me. Then suddenly they said it's a girl from a different school that will debut next year as a singer"

"Hmmm, yes continue"

"They said you hit 3 birds with 1 stone, because you get to help the school, your girlfriend, and also can have a lovey-dovey time with her...I'm...I saw her before...I was gonna ask you, but we haven't talked in 3 days..I want to ask, who is she?"

Noah kept silent and listened to everything I said. He never interrupts me or makes any sounds at all. I can't see him because I was crying, pouring all of my confusion. I could hear him trying to find something, and he gave me a handkerchief. I blow into it so loud, I don't even care that he saw me doing that.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Uhum"

"Can I explain it to you?"

"Uhum"

"I do have a girlfriend...and it's you. The one you saw the other day is my cousin's friend, we are rather close because I've known her since I was in middle school. She's an aspiring singer, and she finally gets to debut next year, that part is true, but she never performs in a crowd. A few days ago, the teacher told us that we have a tight budget this year and we might not be able to invite a band like the previous year. So I asked if I can bring her to perform. This part is also true."

Listening to him I feel my cheeks burn, I'm so embarrassed but I keep listening to him.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to tell you, she lives quite far away around 4 hours drive from here, and she stayed at my cousin's place until the performance day. That day when you saw us, I was trying to give her directions to my cousin's house. After that, I kept getting busy with everything else because of the tight budget"

I can feel his hand on my cheeks, it was warm. I look up and see his face. He looks anxious. But I can see him smiling at me. I wonder what he's thinking. I made a fool of myself by being childish and crying. I'm so embarrassed, but I feel so relieved.

"I'm sorry....I didn't think it was something like this. I should've known.."

"No..It's my fault, I didn't have time to even tell you I was busy the past few days. I understand why you get anxious...but"

"Uhum?"

"Don't ever think I have anyone else besides you okay? I won't do that to us"

I held his hand and I nodded.

"Drink this and calm yourself. I will be here for you"

I drink the water with my left hand, while my right hand is still holding him. I feel so much better now. I was right to ask him right away. I don't want to feel those types of feelings anymore. It's awful.

Suddenly, I can feel hot breath on my forehead, Noah's face is getting closer, and.....he kissed my forehead.

I instinctively touch my forehead in embarrassment.

We quietly stayed in this place.