File #2: Camila Montes

~•~•~

Case Name - I'm Already Yours

How the fuck did I find myself in detention? On a Saturday morning, no less. I mean it's not like I had plans, but it did get me out of work for the day. So I guess that's a plus.

"Detention ends at 2:30. You will remain in this room until then." The teacher responsible for tending to us had said. It was the math teacher, a no nonsense kind of man.

"You will have a 30 minute lunch here, so if you need food let me know and I'll provide for you. You can call your parents for them to drop off food for you but make sure it's done before 12. You'll also use the bathroom during that time."

He paused and took a look around the room.

"Now, are there any questions?"

I didn't have any which left me to sit there and stare at the homework I chose to bring with me.

"Yes Miss Montes?"

Oh, I forgot she was in here. It was ironic, because she's part of the reason why I'm here. Well, technically her bitch boyfriend was the reason. But he got a free pass for being the science teacher's son. He's lucky I don't beat his fucking ass worse than what I did Thursday afternoon. 

"Do I have to sit all the way back here?"

I glance up and see the man giving her an unreadable expression.

"If you and Miss Y/l/n hadn't been in that little tussle, you wouldn't be here at all."

"It's because I'm Hispanic, isn't it?"

I look up to see the teacher giving Camila a hard glare. I wanted to laugh, but i don't.

"This isn't about race, Ms. Montes. Now don't make me add a second detention for the disruption."

Camila huffs and no doubt crosses her arms, which leaves the teacher to continue his explanation on how things would work for the next few hours. I just blocked his voice out and kept my eyes on the paper. Already I had three of the 40 problems solved. I swear this man only talks to hear his own voice.

"And with that said, you two may pull your homework out and- ah... seems Y/n is ready."

I had to resist the eye roll as I picked my pen up. Writing out the next problem.

"You know, it's a shame you got caught up in that fight. You're always such a good kid."

I don't say anything to that, acting humiliated, though in truth I was fuming. Still angry that I even ended up here.

When I didn't respond to the man, he left it at that and decided to sit down behind his desk. It grew silent and I was left with being able to focus on my work without there being a disturbance.

But I won't bore you with the remaining time I have here. Instead, I'm going to tell you exactly how we ended up in this situation. You may say my side is biased but, well, if you ask Camilla's dipshit boyfriend, he'll just say I attacked him for no reason. Dumb fuck. .

~~~

Thursday afternoon. 2:15 p.m.

It was 45 minutes before the end of the day and you had a free pass. Being a senior had its perks and this was one of them. Walking the hallways alone when everyone else was attending class had to be the best time at the hell hole you called school. You didn't need a hall pass, the teacher's knew you so there was no need for one.