Chapter 1

Marleys POV
"So Brett.....", I started.
"What"
"Can I please have my keys"
"No. Not yet.", he said sighing.
"Why not"
"Marley stop.", he pleaded.
"Please", I pushed.
"God dammit no! Go away Marley. I'm not in the damn mood for this bull shit"
"I'm sorry" I cried, and I ran to my room.
"Mar? Are you okay?"
"Huh? Oh shit John you scared me.", I said surprised, as I turned my head.
"Sorry.", he giggled, "What's wrong?"
"Bret yelled at me"
"Oh, sorry."
"It'll be okay. But I can't go to Tulsa."
"Oh."
"Yea. When do you have to be home?"
"Whenever I show up", he answered sharply.
"But what-"
"I don't care"
"Alright", I said putting my hands up.

After putting on my pajama pants, I laid down on my bed, next to John. He put his back against my headboard and I put my head on his lap. He began to hum and play with my hair. I feel asleep listening to Johns humming. When I woke up he was gone and it was dark. I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom. Then I heard Bret yelling. "I'm all she's got." Pause. "I don't care who you are." Pause. "So." Pause. "I'm not scared."
So, he's probably talking to my mother, who just got out of jail. Bret's her younger brother. By the time I walked out in to the living room, he was on the couch smoking pot. As he would say 'They do it at Woodstock so I can smoke it here."
"Hi, sorry for arguing with you", I said sheepishly.
"It's fine. Sorry for screaming at you."
"It's okay. I just wanna go to Tulsa."
"I know kid. Your mother is just so close that's all."
"Yea I know. It's alright."
"You'll get to your brothers soon enough"