Silent Machinery

A beast roams the forests on all 4's, mechanical clicking and the hissing of hydraulics overpower the noise of nature with ease, each step, it leaves a trail of metal shards across the forest floor. The shards mutate and slowly mold into something else, growing fleshy appendages, a mouth, beady red eyes illuminated by some unknown inner working: Springing up and scurry off into the woods. Smoke and exhaust leaves the mouth of the wandering monster with every "breath" it took, seemingly having no destination, but it does have a goal, to search. 

However, more sounds of movement shake the trees in front of the mechanical beast

However, more sounds of movement shake the trees in front of the mechanical beast. It poised itself and stomped its claws to the ground, the shaking continued and birds escaped to the skies for safety from the potential conflict about to happen.

Out of the treeline, a tall looming Devil with legs of deep red and locks of blonde hair stood against the metal monstrosity. 

"Kuroi Sawatari, reporting in." Kuroi stood firmly and straight at Makima's desk, the rays of the morning light washing in from the windows behind her made the room feel warm and welcoming, but not for long.

"You'll be continuing your work on finding the source of the sub-Devil infestation within Tokyo. A new partner will be assigned to you from now on, please take care of her." She rested her chin on her interlocked fingers on the desk. Kuroi heard the sound of the door behind him opening, a familiar memory struck back to him, he just hoped he wouldn't have to kill the fiend version of this person.

 Kuroi heard the sound of the door behind him opening, a familiar memory struck back to him, he just hoped he wouldn't have to kill the fiend version of this person

The door opens lightly, cheery bouncy footsteps made their way into the office, closing the door. A fairly young woman in around her fresh 20's stands cheerfully with a smirk, she wore a Public Safety Uniform but what was most intriguing about her physical looks were the bandages over her right eye and her hair that went to shoulder's length. Kuroi had a confused expression plastered onto his face. "Good morning, Miss Makima!" The cheery woman exclaimed with a little wave, Makima returning with silence. "Was I on time or did I come in a bit early? Sorry, I was waiting at the door to see when I should make my grand entrance, hee!"

"This is Himeno, a recruit from a few weeks ago, she will be under your wing for your investigation on this case."

"Hold on, what about Kishibe and Quanxi? Wasn't I working with them before?"

"Partners are issued in 2's."

"Heeeey, that's rude... Are you saying you don't like me?" Himeno put her hands on her hips. Kuroi pinching his nosebridge,and Makima, with her constant smile, sends the new duo away.