𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓

Conrad POV:

"So what do we have to bring to the party?" I hear Jeremiah say as I walk towards the kitchen.

"I don't know. Like some drinks and stuff." I hear Belly say.

"Good morning, you two." Jeremiah says once he sees me. I look behind me and see Olivia standing there. She looks much different than this morning. The messy hair turned into a ponytail and the striped pajamas turned into a shirt and skirt.

"Morning." she says, while walking over to the sink with a mug.

"So...you're heading off to a party." I say, trying to take away the awkward silence.

"Yeah, it's just this new girl in town," he says, while showing me something on his phone.

"You know what," he says, while standing up and walking towards me.

"You two should totally go," he says, pointing at me and Olivia.

"Yeah. Totally!" Belly says from the counter.

I just give him a small chuckle.

"Uhm." I say while looking over at Olivia.

"We'll think about it." I say.

"Okay well if you do decide to go, I'll send you the info through text." I nod and then follow Olivia as she heads outside towards the pool area.

"Sure." she says, while sitting on the steps of the porch.

"Huh?"

"I'll go. I mean this is like all I've ever wanted so... So, I will just go and.. see how it goes." she says, and then sips on her water.

"What is all you have ever wanted?" I say, while sitting next to her.

"To like, have fun and go out there. Make friends and stuff. Date someone, even though it's fake. To have a good ass summer."

"Alright then." I say while standing up and looking towards her.

"Lets make this a good fucking summer then."

She looks up at me and laughs.

"What? I mean we both want these things. I want to move on and away from then and you want want to have a great fucking summer. And I believe that we both deserve that. Rightfully so." I say and crouch down toward her.

"Don't you think"

She nods and places her hand in front of me.

"Alright, let's do it then." she says.

"You want me to shake-"

"Yes, come on." She says, while grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"To a good ass summer." I say.

"To a good ass summer" she says, while laughing.

And for a second, I have hope that this summer will be different than the last.