#12- Unexpected

If only we had known the things behind the scenes, written on the script, ready to happen... we would've turned back the hands of time~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Third Person POV~

Yuna clutched unto the straps of her school bag as she began her journey to where her driver had waited for her. Her grades were decreasing by every quiz they did. Yuna thought she never did too bad and so would everyone else think as her grades were always balanced with C+ to A-. Yuna's parent's expectation were much higher and more intense, rendering her efforts useless as it wasn't enough for them, making her feel pressured by the second.

As she was walking, she could hear the sounds of laughter and she turned to where the sound was coming from. She saw two teenagers, laughing their butts off and rolling in the grass like children. She kept her eyes focused on them trying to decipher their faces.

She saw Jang Wonyoung and Huening Kai having the time of their lives. Her blood boiled at the sight of it, knowing her crush was with someone of high competition.

She turned around trying not to add more struggles to her plate but even as the minutes passed, the hours flicked by and even when she tried getting sleep, the genuine smile of Huening Kai wouldn't leave her head, she would smile a little but soon frown at the thought that he was not happy because of her but for her.

~Time skip -Next day~

~Yujin POV~
I was casually walking in the hallways as I got to school pretty early, I came across a classroom with a tired Yuna sleeping in it. I sighed as I walked past having no idea why she was always tired.
I bumped it Beomgyu as we shared a friendly conversation and I kept going.
Today just felt hopeful, eventful, and dramatic.I smiled as I opened the door awaiting the school day ahead of me.

I opened the door to see everyone jumping around and squealing in joy.
'Uhm what's going on?'
'Ugh Yujin always late on news', Haerin said as she knocked my head.
'The spring festival is coming up doofus' Leeseo said bumping in on our conversation.
'No classes today!!', Ryujin screamed as she received multiple cheers from the class.

I cheered along with them because I was apart of the decoration club which turns out to be much better than the drama club to be honest.
We were all fantasizing about the day ahead of us since this meant today was a free day, no classes.
I couldn't wait for the bell to ring and to go to my club and nothing, absolutely nothing could change my mood.

~Wonyoung POV~
I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of the spring festival.The drama club always has something fun in store for the school and I was finally apart of it.
I dashed through the hallways in search of Huening Kai as I bumped into someone.

'Soobin?!' I exclaimed more than a question.
'Wonyoung!' He said as he pulled me into an unexpected hug, I was left shock before I hugged him back as well. I could feel a few eyes on us but I shrugged it off.
'Uhm hey,I heard what happened and I am so sorry, I swear I wasn't a part of it.'
I smiled.
'It's fine, it's all in the past now.'

We continued talking as I remembered the joy I had when talking to those guys but I shrugged it off still in belief that the only reason they ever talked to me was because of their horrendous prank.
Soon enough I left Soobin and happen to run into the guy I was looking for the whole time.

'GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT???!!'
'WHAT WHAT WHAT?', I screamed back in response.
'WE'RE ACTING CINDERELLA FOR THE PLAY!'
We held each other's hands and started jumping around. We joked about getting the lead roles of Cinderella and the prince.
As Huening Kai even took off my shoe and handed it to me dramatically saying, 'It is you I have been looking for my princess.'
'Oh! My prince ever so charming I have been waiting.'
'I'm pretty those aren't the lines', he said in between giggles.
We kept laughing as we made our way to class.

~Yuna POV~
I woke up a few minutes ago and started walking towards Lia and Ryujin's class since I was in the mood for a little chitchat.
The same pair I saw the day before were having fun jumping around, but one thing caught my eye.

They were holding hands.

With a broken heart I kept going to my destination. There was a possibility they could've been dating anyway.
I just tried to ignore it throughout my whole conversation with Lia and Ryujin and even Minji joined in.
Then the piercing sound of the school bell filled the room as students flooded the hallways.
I sluggishly made my way out if the room and straight to drama club.
I greeted the people I passed by and a few teachers as well.

I plopped down on a seat in the drama club.
'Hi everyone!,I know you all are pumped for our spring festival and so am I, so we seniors decided for the theme to be 'A Change'.And the perfect story for that will be Cinderella!', Shuhua said excitedly as everyone in the room cheered loudly. I clapped along thinking if getting a side role so as not to affect my studies.
'Ok, anyone for the role of Cinderella?',Shuhua said.
That's when I saw a few students jump to their feet but my eyes fell on one,
Jang Wonyoung.
I found my legs doing the exact opposite of what my brain said.
I stood up and joined the audition.

~After the Cinderella Role Audition~

~Wonyoung POV~
We did the voting for Cinderella and apparently Sim Yuna had gotten the role of Cinderella and I was the godmother. I didn't mind any role I got as long as I appeared in the stage. I was pumped when I told Kai but he wasn't as energetic as me.

'I don't know if I want the role of the prince anymore, I mean my crush is Cinderella so what if I mess up on stage, then what?', he whispered to me as I simply laughed.
'It's fine trust me you'll do well besides I'm cheering for you.' I said as I made fists with my hands.
He smiled,'Thanks.'

~After the Prince Role Audition~
As expected Kai landed the role and I was so hyped for him,the people involved in the play were given scripts, including me and Kai.
We planned on practicing at his house later,and I couldn't wait.
We kept practicing in school till break time.
And it was filled with laughs, talent and obviously drama.

Me and Kai dashed out of the class for lunch as he dragged me towards somewhere and I soon met Yujin,Liz,Leeseo,Gaeul and Rei with Beomgyu on his phone behind them.
I was frozen as I didn't expect it at all,I smiled shyly at them before saying, 'Hi...'
They smiled in response and before I knew it we were engulfed in a group hug all together with all of us sobbing and saying random apologies while holding tight to each other. Sentences like,
'Don't do that again'
'I missed you guys'
'I'm so happy'

Soon we started laughing and things became normal all over again. I smiled in joy knowing that thing were looking up in my life again, or so I might've thought~

-Thank You For Reading!
-Word Count: 1280 words
-Woo, it's been quite awhile.
-I'm back officially (fr this time)
-I'll update regularly again but I decided to make this chapter long
-See you on the next one
-Btw if your wondering why I'm not using italics or bold font anymore it's because idk how to do it one phone🤦
-Next Chapter Is Out!