3. drunkie

10:32 pm , same night

for the past 30 or so minutes, you and akaashi had just been sitting on the porch of this strangers porch talking and laughing, just generally having a good time. akaashis personality was so chill and respectful, you could see yourself talking to him more.

"why haven't we talked before?" he said, still laughing from the last joke you made.

"man i don't know, i guess all i can think about in algebra 2 is how dumb ms. sasaki's wig looks." the two of you started cracking up again. as you were laughing and still making jokes with each other, you heard the door open from behind you.

a tall tan skinned girl had opened the door, smiling down at the two of you, but her smile quickly faded when she made eye contact with akaashi. you didn't notice that, so you just smiled up at her.

"oh, i just wanted to see who was out here. i'm karina, this is my house." she introduced herself. you could tell she was trying her best to sound cheery.  she stuck her hand out for you to shake, which you gladly accepted.

"hi, im y/n. this my frie-"

"oh i know who he is." she sort of deadpanned. it was kind of intimidating. akaashis face was so red, he looked overly embarrassed. you wondered why he was so tense again.

"karina, haven't seen you in a while." the boy muttered. he said it in the type of tone where he didn't really want to talk, but wanted to be courteous.

"likewise." she looked around awkwardly. "well, it was nice meeting you y/n! i hope you're having fun!" before you could respond, she'd already walked back inside and closed the front door. akaashi let out the breathe he'd been holding in.

"you know her? are you okay?" you frantically asked, getting closer and closer to the boy.

"um yeah, i'm fine. i just have you know, history with her." your eyes widened and you connected the dots. that's why he felt weird when you all got to the house. you were wondering why he even came to the party if he knew it'd be at his exes house? did he know?

"wait, so did kev not tell you who's party it was when he invited you here?" you asked, and he nodded. "honestly it's my fault. i didn't ask for a lot of details. i just wanted to go somewhere." his mannerisms completely changed. he had just been laughing loudly and now he was slumped over and sort of timid.

"akaashi do you drink?"

"sometimes. why?"

you pulled a mini bottle of some clear liquid out of your purse. tequila.

"honestly i don't drink much, but i just have this on me when i want to clear my mind. or just have a little fun, you know?" you offered him the bottle which he gladly took and he thanked you. the two of you passed the bottle back and forth, taking turns drinking it until the bottle was empty.

12:56 am , sunday september 17th

so this is how you ended up dancing with some random girl on a table at the party. more drinks were drank, and suddenly you were drunk out your mind. you knew you were a lightweight too.

akaashi was tipsy, but not completely drunk. he was having fun watching you even though he was standing in his exes living room. him, naima, and ke'vari were all cheering you on as you and your new friend moved. the color violet by tory lanez blasted from the speakers. kev was the only sober one out of the three of you, as he was the designated driver.

after about eight minutes of dancing, you and the girl had finally gotten down from the table, both of you giggling loudly. "hey i didn't ever ask your name?" you just barely got out. "i'm uh..." the girl pondered. she took her wallet out from her purse and checked her ID. did this bitch forget her fucking name?

"i'm ivy! and you?"

"i'm y/n... didya forget yer name?" you drunkenly slurred. your body was starting to shut down. you started feeling dizzy and physically unstable. the other girl started giggling and suddenly looked behind her. "oh, someone's calling for me. bye girl!" you didn't hear anyone say her
name, but you didn't question it. you wanted to find your friends so you all could go home. your head was pounding, it was almost like you were feeling the hangover that night.

once you found ke'vari, naima, and akaashi, you all headed back to your apartment.

akaashi assisted you on getting inside and into your bed. you couldn't walk very well on your own. when you got to your bedroom, you didn't even know what you were saying anymore.

"akaashi don't go..." you whined, grabbing his hand before he tried to leave your room. he turned to look at your face, and his own had gotten red again. you softly pulled him closer to you. "y/n, i'm really tired, okay? it's time for me to go home, and you need rest after tonight." honestly, he didn't want to leave your room. he felt such a strong connection towards you, but it would be didn't want to be weird. you guys just met.

"but you're so pretty. don't leave me here. jus' sleep in here, okay? you scooted over slightly in your bed and patted the spot next to you. he chuckled a little but shook his head. he gave your hand a reassuring squeeze before turning your bedroom lights off, walking out of your room, and closing the door. you were sad that he didn't say anything back, but that sadness faded when sleep took over you.

a/n
i promise this is actually going somewhere bro.